Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/514655/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

7 pages of propaganda, 7 accompanying picture pages (presumably for those inclined to vote to remain because the family on the relevant page are smiling)

Plus fromt and back covers. Complete waste of cash.

I just a looked at that, Cameron is admitting that he lacks the ability to govern the country if we leave the EU.

What we do know is that the EU is not democratic, is pretty useless on a lot of important issues like immigration, and is a gravy train for many of the participants who justify their jobs by over complicating everything with unnecessary legislation.

The EU is undemocratic? So what are those European Elections that we regularly hold to elect members to the European Parliment?

They are pretty unless on important issues? You mean like the European Human Rights Convention which forms the fundamental basis of our own Human Rights Act 1998. How about the European Working Time Directive 2003 which limits how many hours you can work so you can't be abused by employers? The European directives on health and safety at work which ensures that your health and safety are not put at risk when working. These are examples of fundamental directives which are best placed above the jurisdiction of national governments.

You mean like the European Human Rights Convention which forms the fundamental basis of our own Human Rights Act 1998. How about the European Working Time Directive 2003 which limits how many hours you can work so you can't be abused by employers? The European directives on health and safety at work which ensures that your health and safety are not put at risk when working. These are examples of fundamental directives which are best placed above the jurisdiction of national governments.

We either have our own, similar rights, or we opted out. The EU is good in principle, but I am not sure it makes any difference.

We either have our own, similar rights, or we opted out. The EU is good in principle, but I am not sure it makes any difference.

If we weren't in the EU, do you really think any UK government would voluntarily adopt something like the European Working Time Directive as an example?

If we weren't in the EU, do you really think any UK government would voluntarily adopt something like the European Working Time Directive as an example?

The European Working Time Directive gives EU workers the right to a minimum number of holidays each year, rest breaks, and rest of at least 11 hours in any 24 hours; restricts excessive night work; a day off after a week's work; and provides for a right to work no more than 48 hours per week.

It was brought in in 2003, all of my employers have been doing all of that, for at least the last 20 years.

The European Working Time Directive gives EU workers the right to a minimum number of holidays each year, rest breaks, and rest of at least 11 hours in any 24 hours; restricts excessive night work; a day off after a week's work; and provides for a right to work no more than 48 hours per week.

It was brought in in 2003, all of my employers have been doing all of that, for at least the last 20 years.

So how many employers have you worked for versus the total number in the country? Very representative I am sure.

Same here, its 25 years since I worked for someone else and I only worked long hours if I wanted to work long hours, I only worked through my breaks if I wanted to work through them, and I always had at least 4 weeks off each year.

Now we have The European Working Time Directive and people still have the same choices that I had.