Heaton Staniforths (Hackenthorpe)

I've been doing my family tree recently, my granddad is Anthony Heaton Staniforth, born 1942, he has a twin brother Michael Heaton Staniforth, now Heaton is obviously the middle name but after doing some research we've found that it may well have been a two part surname in the past.

Their father was Windsor Heaton Staniforth (1914-1998), his father was Herbert Heaton Staniforth (1892 - 1970) and his father was Charles Heaton Staniforth (1852 - 1917) and I found his grave at Hackethorpe Cemetery (Christ church) where he is buried with his wife Anna Allen.

I know its a longshot but I figured it would be worth a try seeing if anyone else has or knows any Heaton Staniforths, they're all from or around the Hackenthorpe area as far as I know, I myself now live in America but I'm coming home in June for a visit so i'll be doing some research myself.

I've been doing my family tree recently, my granddad is Anthony Heaton Staniforth, born 1942, he has a twin brother Michael Heaton Staniforth, now Heaton is obviously the middle name but after doing some research we've found that it may well have been a two part surname in the past.

Their father was Windsor Heaton Staniforth (1914-1998), his father was Herbert Heaton Staniforth (1892 - 1970) and his father was Charles Heaton Staniforth (1852 - 1917) and I found his grave at Hackethorpe Cemetery (Christ church) where he is buried with his wife Anna Allen.

I know its a longshot but I figured it would be worth a try seeing if anyone else has or knows any Heaton Staniforths, they're all from or around the Hackenthorpe area as far as I know, I myself now live in America but I'm coming home in June for a visit so i'll be doing some research myself.

the staniforth works are still in hackenthorpe village on the end of main st , they are now many different units , but its all still there

the staniforth works are still in hackenthorpe village on the end of main st , they are now many different units , but its all still there

I used to always notice that sign when I'd be down Main Street, I found my great grandfather and all his siblings on the Sheffield Indexers school records, they all lived on Brook Lane and attended the Hackenthorpe School in the 1910s before moving to Sheffield Lane (Adjacent to the old Brook Lane).

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 17:21 ----------

Something is intriguing me, my grandfathers dad was Winsor Heaton Staniforth, he had siblings, most of which I have death certs for, but there is one brother, Albert Heaton Staniforth that is showing no death record, he was the youngest so very well could be alive, my granddad says his dad fell out with Albert in the 70s after their mother passed away, it's making me wonder if he very well could be alive, but I'd have no idea how to track him down