David Cameron, secrecy and tax avoidance

OK that could actually be quite a hilarious game to play... the Panama papers are going to mean a fair few emerge....

Perhaps even this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3060029/Labour-s-Hodge-1-5m-shares-offshore-tax-haven-Senior-politician-accused-hypocrisy-following-earlier-fierce-criticism-tax-avoidance.html

A senior Labour politician - the party's fiercest critic of tax avoidance - has been accused of hypocrisy after it was claimed she was handed more than £1.5million in shares from a tax haven.

Margaret Hodge has built a reputation for taking on those accused of having 'secretive' offshore funds as the chairman of the Commons public accounts committee.

But The Times reported the multi-millionaire had benefited from a controversial scheme that lets wealthy Britons move undeclared assets back to the UK without facing criminal action.

In 2011 she was apparently one of the beneficiaries of the winding-up of a Liechtenstein trust that held shares in the steel-trading business set up by her father.

Just under 96,000 shares in Stemcor handed to Mrs Hodge in that year came from the tiny principality, which is renowned for low tax rates.

Three-quarters of the shares in the family's Liechtenstein trust had previously been held in Panama, which Mrs Hodge described last month as 'one of the most secretive jurisdictions' with 'the least protection anywhere in the world against money laundering'.

Edited by foxy lady

Im delighted Cameron resisted these proposals. The EU would love to undermine our financial services industry.

Only a few weeks ago the French Treasury minister appealed to companies in this sector to consider relocating to France if we left the EU. In Germany Frankfurt would give its eye teeth to replace London as Europe's premier financial centre.

It amazes me that even the looniest lefty doesn't see whats going on here. Still, most of them cant wait to see the country fail.

It makes me smile just to think that some gullible folk think any of the parasites in Westminster are straight. When there are loads of unaccountable brass sloshing around there will always be snouts in the trough of plenty.

Angel1.

To be frank, if someone asked me a deeply person question about my late father's finances, the proceeds of such and what (if any) of those finances/trusts/property/investments and god knows what else were sourced from offshore it would take me a lot longer than four days to work out the following:

1. Is it anyone's business

2. What paperwork do I need to check - where is it

3. What answer should I give (legally and factually)

4. Seek legal advice

5. Make an official announcement.

NOBODY has yet proven in a court of law that any of the investments / proceeds / monies received by the deceased, Cameron or any other member of his family were obtained or managed illegally.

This is pure trial by media. The left wing have jumped all over this Panama Papers leak and without any judicial involvement are making personal attacks not just about our current Leader but his deceased bloody father.

Its absolutely disgusting.

Whatever Cameron did or did not do is up to the HMRC and ultimately a Court to decide.

As far as i'm concerned, NOBODY has a right to make unfounded accusations and judgement without any position of direct knowledge, legal knowledge or judicial power.

In just under 2 months we are about to make one of the most important decisions this country has had for decades and YET every single headline on tomorrows papers is all about Cameron and his tax affairs (NONE OF WHICH HAVE YET BEEN PROVEN TO BE ILLEGAL).

Its an absolute joke.

Edited by ECCOnoob