David Cameron, secrecy and tax avoidance

Guest sibon

In just under 2 months we are about to make one of the most important decisions this country has had for decades and YET every single headline on tomorrows papers is all about Cameron and his tax affairs (NONE OF WHICH HAVE YET BEEN PROVEN TO BE ILLEGAL).

Its an absolute joke.

And that is reason enough for the leader of our country to make an unequivocal, totally transparent statement about his personal involvement in this affair. He needs to publish his tax returns and prove that he's not dodged UK tax in any way.

Then we can all focus on the referendum.

Or, he can resign and then we can all focus on the referendum.

I can't see too many other choices.

But this rolls back to the same old argument.

"dodged tax" is too broad.

Legallly utilised some scheme to reduce tax liabilities

Legally been the beneficiary of his dead fathers historical investments which legally utilised some scheme to reduce tax liabilities

Illegally and deliberately faked / manipulated a company name/share scheme to avoid tax

OR

Illegally but unknowingly become beneficiary to his dead father's illegal and defrauded investment schemes.

Its not just black and white and showing his tax returns (which of course will prove that he paid a significant amount of tax) will never satisfy the blood thirsty media.

And that is reason enough for the leader of our country to make an unequivocal, totally transparent statement about his personal involvement in this affair. He needs to publish his tax returns and prove that he's not dodged UK tax in any way.

Arrgghhh. Why is everyone getting this wrong.

His tax is alles in ordung, its where the cash he was taxed on came from is the issue.

So the PM has paid income tax on the dividend he received. When he sold the shares it was below the capital gains threshold so no capital gains tax was due. So what exactly did he do wrong?

He previously condemned tax reduction schemes so he is a hypocrite! = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/07/panama-papers-david-camerons-worst-week-as-prime-minister/

Edited by mafya

Jeremy Corbyn said he would publish his tax returns, so I suppose David Cameron should do the same, not that it will prove anything because they could both be 100% honest or they could both have avoided or evaded paying some tax and tucked assets away from the prying eyes of the tax man. So the question is if they did publish their tax returns would you trust what they publish?

Jeremy Corbyn said he would publish his tax returns, so I suppose David Cameron should do the same, not that it will prove anything because they could both be 100% honest or they could both have avoided or evaded paying some tax and tucked assets away from the prying eyes of the tax man. So the question is if they did publish their tax returns would you trust what they publish?

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Publishing tax returns only affects the honest.