David Cameron, secrecy and tax avoidance

You serious.?

have you missed the U turns that they had been forced into?

and as for Corbyn not having a snowball in hells chance, i noticed he had taken a lead in a recent poll.....snowball in hell....pfttttttttt

Do you think your conclusions might be a tiny bit influenced by your opinions?

Labour will never got close to governing with Corbyn & McDonnell at the helm. To not understand why that is demonstrates a profound ignorance of how the UK electorate votes.

If you think this will have any bearing on an election that is 4 years away then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. So say hi to Corbyn for all of us.

Do you think your conclusions might be a tiny bit influenced by your opinions?

Labour will never got close to governing with Corbyn & McDonnell at the helm. To not understand why that is demonstrates a profound ignorance of how the UK electorate votes.

If you think this will have any bearing on an election that is 4 years away then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. So say hi to Corbyn for all of us.

perhaps......but who says you are not in cloud cuckoo land for writing him off.? and the last poll that put him in the lead was utterly and completely wrong :loopy:

I suppose you could ask why the majority of British ships are registered in Monrovia, why our steel works are owned by folk from India, our motor industry owned by German's and Japanese, our coffee shops, buger joints and internet owned by Americans.

do you really need to ask ? this is thatchers Britain :hihi:

Ah right. So Starbucks being US owned but trading in the UK should pay their taxes where exactly?

The Blairmore case is for a UK company. Rules about tax residency may well differ for foreign owned companies. As I understand it Starbucks has been criticised for not paying tax on profits made in the UK. That might suggest foreign owned companies are liable for tax on profits made in a given country in that country, but I have not read up on that much.

I did manage to find a page about rules for UK companies though:

http://accountsco.com/double-taxation/

and it does sound somewhat consistent with what has been quoted in the guardian about where Blairmore should have paid tax.

The way that David Cameron is defending himself over this Panama account thing reminds me of Father Ted; "That money was just resting in my account!" :hihi:

The same reason why Lewis Hamilton is based in Monaco and Richard Branson in The Virgin Islands. It is because with the UK's taxation system Foreign owners have the advantage over UK owned companies. .

There is something wrong if we allow UK based people/organisations to use the tax laws of another country; UK organisations should follow UK tax law, whether that be zero rate or 20% tax.

There is something wrong if we allow UK based people/organisations to use the tax laws of another country; UK organisations should follow UK tax law, whether that be zero rate or 20% tax.

Would that be companies with directors who are UK citizens?

Or perhaps if the majority of a company's shareholders are UK citizens?

Or if their biggest office is in the UK?

Maybe if they have a British sounding name?

It's complicated. There's no point trying to pretend that it's not.

perhaps......but who says you are not in cloud cuckoo land for writing him off.? and the last poll that put him in the lead was utterly and completely wrong :loopy:

And polls are always right, like the one about the last general election that said the Tories would never get a majority. :loopy:

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 22:06 ----------

The way that David Cameron is defending himself over this Panama account thing reminds me of Father Ted; "That money was just resting in my account!" :hihi:

Have you been listening at all? Nothing the PM has said is untrue or broken any laws.