France makes paying a lady or gent for sex against the law.

Does this also apply to guys going out and getting a thai bride I wonder :hihi:

I was speaking to an old bloke (76 years old)yesterday morning, he was waiting for a taxi to take him to the air port as he was off to meet his intended bride in Cambodia.

Watched him as he hobbled down the road bent double struggling to walk, I admired his pluck while at the same time wondering if he will actually make it back or even make it at all.

You've misunderstood what he said L00b. He never said "rapes of sex workers". He just said "rapes".
I've understood his argument perfectly well. "Fining punters for paying for sex will result in more rapes". It would also be quite hard to misunderstand his argumentative logic, so simplistic as it is.

I too have been tryin to discuss the topic on an intelligent, objective and informed basis, but it does appear that your intellectual capacity is up to the task
It's very good of you to admit this sutty, thank you :)

I've understood his argument perfectly well. "Fining punters for paying for sex will result in more rapes". It would also be quite hard to misunderstand his argumentative logic, so simplistic as it is.

It's very good of you to admit this sutty, thank you :)

I've corrected that error. :)

So you don't think that criminalising the man will result in more rapes?

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 15:07 ----------

When arguing on the internet, remember: Even the best table tennis player in the world can't beat a wall!

But I am willing to try. :)

Does this also apply to guys going out and getting a thai bride I wonder :hihi:

Or arguably the entire institution of marriage... Or indeed any non-verbal sort-of-contractual arrangement about sex/fidelity/companionship and providing a lifestyle.

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 15:35 ----------

The reverse happened in Rhodes... Men paying for sex was decriminalised, rapes fell... Correlation, not causation, but it matches up with the fears that people working in the sex industry have... They believe that this will increase the risks to those workers...

I've corrected that error. :)

So you don't think that criminalising the man will result in more rapes?

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 15:07 ----------

But I am willing to try. :)

Do you honestly believe that rape and sex (paid for or otherwise) is the same thing?

I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

Do you honestly believe that rape and sex (paid for or otherwise) is the same thing?

I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

No and I have no idea how you got that impression from my postes.

And I'm not comparing them.