Best "Butty" shops around Sheffield?

Try Brookes on Hillsborough, it's at the side of the butchers next to the old Co op.

I never realised this shop was here until last year although it has been open a few years.

The smell of the pizzas and jacket potatoes cooking makes you very hungry when you go in the shop, they also do various cold sandwiches too.

While going in this shop I've found some uncut bread that suits my pallet too with lots of choice of various loaves which I now prefer to Lily's bread.

Honey pot in hillsborough, everything is spot on.

Sandwich shack on ridgeway rd. great pork sarnie and breakfast butty.

Big baps on attercliffe rd do a fantastic beef n onion and also a great meat salad sarnie.

Lastly bloomers in deepcar on the industrial estate.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:46 ----------

Where exactly is this village store in stannington?

I'll make a point to get there tomorrow

Pond Road - https://goo.gl/maps/SSFcC5PCxNJ2

Best has got to be Lilys on Penistone Road.

Quality fillings and of course the best breadcakes in Sheffield.

Lillys also supply The Village Store at Stannington.

---------- Post added 13-04-2016 at 18:23 ----------

Honey pot in hillsborough, everything is spot on.

Sandwich shack on ridgeway rd. great pork sarnie and breakfast butty.

Big baps on attercliffe rd do a fantastic beef n onion and also a great meat salad sarnie.

Lastly bloomers in deepcar on the industrial estate.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:46 ----------

Where exactly is this village store in stannington?

I'll make a point to get there tomorrow

There are 2 'Village Stores' Both the same company. The 1st is at the junction of Stanwood and Stannington Rd. The other is in the Village near to the Spar/Co-op.

L's Kitchen in Wisewood, S6 - just opposite Wisewood school.

I haven't been in there for quite a while, because I don't live in Sheff and only come up there 3 or 4 times a year to visit my family - but their roast pork sarnies were to die for the last time I was in there - (admittedly, this was a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still the same now).

The last time I was in there, it was the best roast pork sarnie I've ever had in Sheffield -proper big breadcake... succulent well-cooked pork, crackling, stuffing....and as an added bonus, a substantial portion of really tasty roast potatoes served with it! Huge, huge portions too! I'm a right greedy sod and can eat a hell of a lot lot in one go.... but one of their roast pork sarnies, with all the trimmings, will easily do me for 2 meals!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about for anything else but the best sausage & egg butty i've had by far is Don Valley Cafe on Attercliffe road. they will deliver as well with quite a low minimum but their butties are big and taste amazing :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to let you all in on the best ham sandwich in Sheffield . I fell upon this yesterday when I went to Johanne's tea room on Ecclesall road . First your asked what bread you would like it on then the magic starts to happen , they build your sandwich with ham lettuce egg crest red onions peppers tomatoes and beetroot and topped with henz salad cream . Every single bite is different and the tastes are to die for ..and all this for a large was only £3.05 .. well done Johanne's plus yesterday's wasn't a fluke or anything as today's sandwich was just as good ... can anyone else beat this . The level is set really high

Woodys on Eccy road. Whenever I'm down that way and it's close to lunch time, I always pop in for a Chicken and Bacon baguette :)

Speaking of which, what happened to (who I assumed was) Woody? I've not seen him in there for a long time. Tall guy with a shaved head.

Barkers the bakers at greenhill and Lowedges do 'Hot ham' sandwiches which are nice

Hot hams not bad but it's not got the explosive refreshing tastes of beetroot/ peppers onion and salad cream . Every mouthful was a pleasure to eat and I'm a fussy eater , more of a picker then a scoffer. If you ever pass please pop in and try one you will know what I'm on about ????