Best "Butty" shops around Sheffield?

I just want to let you all in on the best ham sandwich in Sheffield . I fell upon this yesterday when I went to Johanne's tea room on Ecclesall road . First your asked what bread you would like it on then the magic starts to happen , they build your sandwich with ham lettuce egg crest red onions peppers tomatoes and beetroot and topped with henz salad cream . Every single bite is different and the tastes are to die for ..and all this for a large was only £3.05 .. well done Johanne's plus yesterday's wasn't a fluke or anything as today's sandwich was just as good ... can anyone else beat this . The level is set really high

Ooops hope it's not Crest toothpaste and that well known brand of Salad Cream.

Does sound very nice though :)

The best ham and free range egg sandwich I`ve tasted are from Marks & Spencers. Have had them from a few of their stores and they are consistently good.

If you go in mid afternoon they have usually sold out.

Tilly's on Matilda St, especially the roast pork/beef sarnies (if you manage to get there in the short time between the joint coming out of the oven and it being sold out!)

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:27 ----------

also partial to breakfast butties from Hell's Kitchen, and Supasnax on Edmund Road

Must try it sounds great - is it on on Saturday too ? !!

Buy a nice piece of gammon, boil it for a couple of hours,,, buy a fresh uncut loaf ,,Jobs a good un!! the best ham sandwich you will ever have :) and plenty to go round

I hate when people type stuff like that, the OP can hardly do this when he says clearly that he buys buttys during working hours :loopy:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...