Angela Wrightson murder: Girls given life terms.

You're missing the point that they were in care. Dogs by the way aren't answerable to the justice system. They don't get sentenced to however long in a category B kennel, for example. Owners would have to be prosecuted instead. .

No I get the point but my comparison was a poor one i have to admit.

---------- Post added 08-04-2016 at 08:56 ----------

Not difficult to understand.

Dont fall off that high horse you are on mate :)

There are no winners in this. Those two girls were wrong, very wrong. But they were never going to have a hope with awful parents and useless social services.

So very sad.

Sums it up for me. Creating a child is about the biggest responsibility that humans have, yet some treat their own children dreadfully. Social services get slated but they're damned whatever they do.

If those two girls had been removed from their 'parents' at birth, and brought up in decent, loving homes like the majority of parents try to provide, who knows how they'd have grown up.

It's hard to say at it seems one of the girls may well be a psychopath in the truest sense.

However it seems that the safety net of social services has failed completely here.

And as for the Police being used to taxi the girls smothered in blood home and not noticing...

If you own a dog and it bites someone you face the courts. It should be the same with your kids, they break the law the parents also have to answer for it.

Looking at it like that, then it should be the 'carers' in court, not the 'parents', or in your analogy 'breeders'.

Looking at it like that, then it should be the 'carers' in court, not the 'parents', or in your analogy 'breeders'.

Why?

Carers are limited in responsibility towards people in there care, they can't refuse them the rights to leave the home,they can't remove mobile phones,money etc.

So what could they do?

We should think ourselves lucky - anywhere else in the EU they probably wouldn't have even been charged and tried.

They would have been "helped" as a victim of society. What that means i've no idea as it could mean incarceration in some form of facility or other.

It probably wouldn't have happened anywhere else,we pay people to breed,by the sounds of it the mother of one of them should have been sterilized,we should name and shame these parents.

Edited by ukdobby

We should think ourselves lucky - anywhere else in the EU they probably wouldn't have even been charged and tried.

They would have been "helped" as a victim of society. What that means i've no idea as it could mean incarceration in some form of facility or other.

In France at least, children with a "sense of discernment" (basically, who can be shown to know right from wrong) can be tried for criminal acts regardless of age. Code Penal, article 122-8.

Also, parents assume full civil liability for any and all criminal damages caused by their child. Code Civil, article 1384.

In France, if your kid steals, joyrides and torches a car, the kid goes down the clink and you pay the owner for the car. If your kid kills a person on whom others (wife, children,...) were depending, the kid goes down the clink and you pay repairs to/support the deceased's dependants.

Which explains why parents are required to hold civil liability insurance for their child (and when they don't, but end up in the situation, get made to pay with repossession of assets by bailiffs, attachments of earnings and the like, potentially for many years indeed).

Kinda helps keep parenting skills and responsibilities in focus. And, accessorily, legs crossed and/or contraceptive means in ready use ;)

Edited by L00b

You're wrong.

In France at least, children with a "sense of discernment" (basically, who can be shown to know right from wrong) can be tried for criminal acts regardless of age. Code Penal, article 122-8.

Also, parents assume full civil liability for any and all criminal damages caused by their child. Code Civil, article 1384.

In France, if your kid steals, joyrides and torches a car, the kid goes down the clink and you pay the owner for the car. Which explains why parents are required to hold civil liability insurance for their child.

Kinda helps keep parenting skills and responsibilities in focus. And, accessorily, legs crossed and/or contraceptive means in ready use ;)

I was reading your post thinking the children in France might have a better upbringing, until I reached that part ;)

It probably wouldn't have happened anywhere else,we pay people to breed,by the sounds of it the mother of one of them should have been sterilized,we should jam e and shame these parents.

Bang on. In my utopia, people would be sterilised at birth, and the process only reversed when they prove they are a capable parent. Sounds harsh, but this would solve so many of the world's problems at a stroke.