Angela Wrightson murder: Girls given life terms.

Ask the girls where they are going? What they are doing? Surely that's part of their remit in 'protecting' the girls? - Even if it is from themselves in this case?

They can ask - but they don't have to tell them neither do they have to tell the truth.

I have first hand knowledge of two girls in care in a different town carrying on just like the Rotherham case, who hid phone contacts,lied about what they what doing and snuck off to nights in hotels with random guys.

How would you like to lay blame at the carers for such ingenuity and deceit in both cases?

Lessons need to be learnt,now where have I heard that before.

Social workers are being blamed but do they have too much on their plate?it's be r n said many times if you can't bring your kids up correctly don't have them.

Sums it up for me. Creating a child is about the biggest responsibility that humans have, yet some treat their own children dreadfully. Social services get slated but they're damned whatever they do.

If those two girls had been removed from their 'parents' at birth, and brought up in decent, loving homes like the majority of parents try to provide, who knows how they'd have grown up.

Read the 12th paragraph down, then all of the link if you have the time. Interesting stuff. http://www.nc-cm.org/article213.htm

They can ask - but they don't have to tell them neither do they have to tell the truth.

I have first hand knowledge of two girls in care in a different town carrying on just like the Rotherham case, who hid phone contacts,lied about what they what doing and snuck off to nights in hotels with random guys.

How would you like to lay blame at the carers for such ingenuity and deceit in both cases?

So kids can be sneaky, hold the front page.

The 'carers' have a duty 'in loco parentis' to know where the kids are and what they are up to.

Read the 12th paragraph down, then all of the link if you have the time. Interesting stuff. http://www.nc-cm.org/article213.htm

Thanks for that, nature v nurture is the question! I did say 'who knows' as it's impossible to predict how any child will turn out. It is mentioned in the para about Dahmer that the family had moved several times which may have impacted upon his behaviour.

Being uprooted as a child can be damaging to confidence, although not normally to the extent that it may have affected him.

So kids can be sneaky, hold the front page.

The 'carers' have a duty 'in loco parentis' to know where the kids are and what they are up to.

If the kids say they're on the park what are the carers to do ?

Follow them..

The duty of care by care homes doesn't include 24hr surveillance.

If the kids say they're on the park what are the carers to do ?

Follow them..

The duty of care by care homes doesn't include 24hr surveillance.

That's no excuse for not checking what the kids are up to. Whether kids are in front off them or out of sight - they are still the 'carer's' responsibility.