Stories in press re: Sam Cameron's 53k fashion advisor

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/samantha-cameron-special-adviser-fashion-aide-taxpayer-salary-530000-a6974181.html

Is she getting value for money?

I wonder how long the press have known this and what other things we are going to learn as they withdraw their support for Cameron.

Why do the right-wing press want us out of the EU so much? Do they stand to gain anything?

Is the taxpayer getting value for money? Is Mrs Cameron not able to make a decision for herself on what she wears?

I'd rather that £53,000 per year went on employing support workers to help the elderly or disabled get dressed in the morning.

Reminds me of another story a few months ago where George Osborne's gave a 42% rise to his special advisor who is responsible for his new image. She is paid £98,000 per year.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/17/osborne-hands-advisers-big-pay-rises-while-freezing-public-sector-wages

Why bother, I ask, you can't polish a turd....

Edited by Mister M

Is the taxpayer getting value for money? Is Mrs Cameron not able to make a decision for herself on what she wears?

I'd rather that £53,000 per year went on employing support workers to help the elderly or disabled get dressed in the morning.

Reminds me of another story a few months ago where George Osborne's gave a 42% rise to his special advisor who is responsible for his new image. She is paid £98,000 per year.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/17/osborne-hands-advisers-big-pay-rises-while-freezing-public-sector-wages

Why bother, I ask, you can't polish a turd....

No doubt the usual crew, Obelix, Ron Jeremy and Foxy Lady, plus all those who have changed their names in the past year will be here to defend him and then make reference to Tony Blair having lots of houses, missing the point by a mile that Tony Blair was always one of their's anyway.

Didn't Cameron also try any get a photographer onto the civil service payroll for shedloads of money?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/samantha-cameron-special-adviser-fashion-aide-taxpayer-salary-530000-a6974181.html

Is she getting value for money?

I wonder how long the press have known this and what other things we are going to learn as they withdraw their support for Cameron.

Why do the right-wing press want us out of the EU so much? Do they stand to gain anything?

Looks like it's a bit of an insult to call her a 'fashion advisor', she's obviously her PA and responsible for getting her to where she needs to be and looking the part. Taxpayers money being spent on vanity projects is nothing new, wasn't it a few years ago the taxpayer was footing the bill for 12 grand artworks of Diane Abbott?

It's this sort of nonsense that reflects the appalling performance by government departments and the public sector in general when it comes to getting value for money.

Guest sibon

You really can't lead a Government that has tried to shred DLA, whilst paying £53K for someone to choose frocks for your wife.

Not morally anyway, but the Bullingdon boys seem to know little about morals.

You really can't lead a Government that has tried to shred DLA, whilst paying £53K for someone to choose frocks for your wife.

Not morally anyway, but the Bullingdon boys seem to know little about morals.

But people still vote for them and come on this forum creaming their knickers about them :loopy:

But people still vote for them and come on this forum creaming their knickers about them :loopy:

People will vote for them not holding their nose but fully NBC suited thanks to the shambolic mess the Labour party has become. The morons who shoehorned comrade corbyn into the leadership have done the country a massive disservice in destroying effective opposition to an arrogant government.

Talk about a bandwagon.

Seriously the media need a rocket up their backsides and report on some actual news for Christ sake.

Nobody gave a flying frig of the fact that the Wife of the Prime Minister had an assistant when the role was first recruited six years ago.

The only reason for a change of personnel is because the role became vacant and this friend of a friend of a friend who just happens to be posh has got the job.

She is one of the many many "special advisor" roles which are held by not just the PMs office or his wife's office but by layers of deputies, quangos, departments. Labour had over 80 of them during their most recent turn in office.

I would bet my house that if this recent Cameron attack was not happening this story would be burred in the back pages, if it was even mentioned at all.