Stories in press re: Sam Cameron's 53k fashion advisor

Talk about a bandwagon.

Seriously the media need a rocket up their backsides and report on some actual news for Christ sake.

Nobody gave a flying frig of the fact that the Wife of the Prime Minister had an assistant when the role was first recruited six years ago.

The only reason for a change of personnel is because the role became vacant and this friend of a friend of a friend who just happens to be posh has got the job.

She is one of the many many "special advisor" roles which are held by not just the PMs office or his wife's office but by layers of deputies, quangos, departments. Labour had over 80 of them during their most recent turn in office.

I would bet my house that if this recent Cameron attack was not happening this story would be burred in the back pages, if it was even mentioned at all.

It is becoming uncomfortable to watch the Stasi attempting to take over the country. Secret police watching your every move. The assumption of guilt. The finger pointing because you bought a new car.

There was a time when Evan Davis hosted a Money program, giving investment advice. Now the Stasi wants everyone living on rice and beans. God help anyone who has ambition in "Labour World". Your best bet is to follow the brain drain and take your wealth, ideas and business to a country where you can live and prosper. How long before Dragon's Den gets taken off air because it features folk trying to rise above their station in life.

Edited by foxy lady

No doubt the usual crew, Obelix, Ron Jeremy and Foxy Lady, plus all those who have changed their names in the past year will be here to defend him and then make reference to Tony Blair having lots of houses, missing the point by a mile that Tony Blair was always one of their's anyway.

Didn't Cameron also try any get a photographer onto the civil service payroll for shedloads of money?

Oooh I'm one of the usual crew am I? I'd be offended if you were anything to worry about being offended about. :roll:

No doubt the usual crew, Obelix, Ron Jeremy and Foxy Lady, plus all those who have changed their names in the past year will be here to defend him and then make reference to Tony Blair having lots of houses, missing the point by a mile that Tony Blair was always one of their's anyway.

Didn't Cameron also try any get a photographer onto the civil service payroll for shedloads of money?

Now, I've always thought you were pretty sensible but I've rarely seen so much bitterness, duplicity & twisting in a single post.

Last sentence is the only one based in any sort of reality. Rest is pure saltiness.

You mean this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11764138

or this one?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/jun/23/david-cameron-vanity-photographer

In 2010 a photographer and a filmmaker who had both worked for the Conservative party were hired by the Cabinet Office on one-year contracts to record the prime minister and other ministers.

No 10 argued that the appointments made sense because the government needed pictures for its websites and its publications and that it was cheaper to hire staff than to pay freelancers.