Disabled access

Only idea this , what about getting a joiner to make a strong removable ramp ? Because the ramp removable building regulations shouldnt apply . The ramp itself would have too be long but it could be made to folded up after use . Another material is aluminium but that sort of thing would need a metalsmith.

Only idea this , what about getting a joiner to make a strong removable ramp ? Because the ramp removable building regulations shouldnt apply . The ramp itself would have too be long but it could be made to folded up after use . Another material is aluminium but that sort of thing would need a metalsmith.

A straight ramp would be at too great an angle to be able to get up, but would be a thrill to go down ?

Even if the ramp zigzagged over their front garden it would still be too steep.

Peaches!!! Look at this!!!

http://www.sesameaccess.com/wheelchair-lifts

I wanted a ramp into the conservatory at the back of the house (Rotherham) and to raise 7 inch they wanted to put a concrete ramp in 27ft long. Put a door through to the house and wanted to put a downstairs toilet in the lounge and build a room to put it in. Never saw the guy again. Didn't want it anyway the ramp would have either have to go from the kerbside up the drive take part of the garden up then come back into the conservatory. If in the garden it would take up about 3/4 of the garden up. I don't think he could get the grant. By the way my house is a private one.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a lovely lady come out to speak to me about a care grant, ut I havent heard anything since

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 14:37 ----------

Another letter came through the post today from the lady who came out and spoke to me about the grant. She's been in touch with the OT that came out from Social Services and it basically says that I have 2 options, sell up and move, or approach the council for moving on medical grounds. The first isnt an option because my Hubby is my F/T Carer so doesnt bring in a wage, and the 2nd involves selling out house first which means we will have money left over from the house so we lose my benefits.

I had a lovely lady come out to speak to me about a care grant, ut I havent heard anything since

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 14:37 ----------

Another letter came through the post today from the lady who came out and spoke to me about the grant. She's been in touch with the OT that came out from Social Services and it basically says that I have 2 options, sell up and move, or approach the council for moving on medical grounds. The first isnt an option because my Hubby is my F/T Carer so doesnt bring in a wage, and the 2nd involves selling out house first which means we will have money left over from the house so we lose my benefits.

you wouldn't be entitled to benefits until you were below the financial threshold. Unfortunately that's the way the benefit system works, in the eyes of the government you wouldn't need benefits because you would have money to look after yourself. When that money has gone you'd be able to claim again.

I dont see why I should have to move though, its my husbands house and its also my childrens inheritance. What I'm trying to get across is the fact that the social services are shirking their responsibilities when they should be helping people to stay in their own homes, where their support already exists

I got my son to build a wooden ramp into the conservatory 8 ft long with a handrail .If the council were to do it there way it was going to be 27 ft long in concrete doubling up the garden. I own my own.

I dont see why I should have to move though, its my husbands house and its also my childrens inheritance. What I'm trying to get across is the fact that the social services are shirking their responsibilities when they should be helping people to stay in their own homes, where their support already exists

If they've assessed and a ramp can't be fitted that will meet building regulations how are they shirking their responsibilities? They can not provide something that could potentially be dangerous or even illegal. Your options seem to be sort something out yourself or consider if your current property will be able to meet your needs short, medium and long term.