Should The Death Penalty Be Brought Back?

Stop being sarky TFH, it doesn't suit you.

Well the first bit was. Apologies.

The rest wasn't. The American jail more people, have a far higher murder rate, and execute more people per head of population than China if memory serves. That's after they've had 20 odd years of sitting on death row and cost the US taxpayer not only bed and board but appeals which really aren't cheap.

We really don't want the expense and on top of that give the responsibility to some poor sod to kill an unarmed man who will probably be restrained. What's that going to do to their mental health? That's unless we are going to take the Saudi approach to it all and start offing people with a very very quick trial and no appeal.

think he should worry about his spelling before he worries about making the country a safer place Oo

To be fair melthebell, you did start your sentence without a capital T.:P

---------- Post added 09-04-2016 at 22:11 ----------

Stunning, no really!

---------- Post added 09-04-2016 at 22:00 ----------

There is no such thing as guilty beyond all doubt. Maybe of the deed itself, but never of the motive.

Oh god! Is this really you?:o

What about DNA evidence we come a long way since the last hanging .

How does that alter people with major mental health issues killing people being strung up?

Oh god! Is this really you?:o

I can't lie. Yes, it is me. It was a moment of weakness, Alcoblog made me do it :(

Well the first bit was. Apologies.

The rest wasn't. The American jail more people, have a far higher murder rate, and execute more people per head of population than China if memory serves. That's after they've had 20 odd years of sitting on death row and cost the US taxpayer not only bed and board but appeals which really aren't cheap.

We really don't want the expense and on top of that give the responsibility to some poor sod to kill an unarmed man who will probably be restrained. What's that going to do to their mental health? That's unless we are going to take the Saudi approach to it all and start offing people with a very very quick trial and no appeal.

Probably because most Americans are armed to the teeth. The Chinese would never disclose the true death figures.

Here's something for Crookedspire to ponder over....

1/ Child mowed down and killed by 18 year old drunk driver.

2/ Child abducted by a 50 year old paedophile-raped,butchered/killed and tossed into a shallow grave.

Should both killers be executed?

---------- Post added 09-04-2016 at 22:22 ----------

How does that alter people with major mental health issues killing people being strung up?

I can't lie. Yes, it is me. It was a moment of weakness, Alcoblog made me do it :(

Could've been worse, (Penguin suit).

Probably because most Americans are armed to the teeth. The Chinese would never disclose the true death figures.

Here's something for Crookedspire to ponder over....

1/ Child mowed down and killed by 18 year old drunk driver.

2/ Child abducted by a 50 year old paedophile-raped,butchered/killed and tossed into a shallow grave.

Should both killers be executed?

---------- Post added 09-04-2016 at 22:22 ----------

Could've been worse, (Penguin suit).

Your spilting hairs here. Yes if a guy regardless of age killed a child while drunk and driving he should be tired and if found guilty hanged, sames goes for you 50 year old situation . Wait for the ' do gooders' answer.