Loft find is it mine

2 gold rings mens and an old cameo necklace,and 5 silver sixpences:) and a penknife

Thank the Lord for that, I was expecting the Ark of the Covenant. They're yours now so get em sold and enjoy spending the money. I had to have an extra pint today to ease the tension, so thanks for that.

There are plenty of articles about theft by finding and they all seem to state that the finder should take reasonable steps to find the owner. In your case, if you purchased your house, I would contact your solicitor who will have details of the vendor's solicitor who may be able to locate the vendor. Similarly, if you rent then your landlord should have details of previous tenants.

Then you can approach the previous occupiers and ask them to describe any property they think they may have lost. (As a precaution delete the details off here as there is a very small chance they may be reading this thread)

Simple steps which, if unsuccessful in finding the owner, would probably count as reasonable. To be safe, I'd keep any documents which prove that you took these steps before you try and sell the objects.

There are plenty of articles about theft by finding and they all seem to state that the finder should take reasonable steps to find the owner. In your case, if you purchased your house, I would contact your solicitor who will have details of the vendor's solicitor who may be able to locate the vendor. Similarly, if you rent then your landlord should have details of previous tenants.

Then you can approach the previous occupiers and ask them to describe any property they think they may have lost. (As a precaution delete the details off here as there is a very small chance they may be reading this thread)

Simple steps which, if unsuccessful in finding the owner, would probably count as reasonable. To be safe, I'd keep any documents which prove that you took these steps before you try and sell the objects.

This is the best thought out post on here, and I have no real legal knowledge, but perhaps the conveyancing document may say that the contents remaining in the house form part of the sale. This maybe a clause you could invoke. Assuming the house is yours.

Thank the Lord for that, I was expecting the Ark of the Covenant. They're yours now so get em sold and enjoy spending the money. I had to have an extra pint today to ease the tension, so thanks for that.

After watching a documentary called the Raiders of the Lost Ark I can only recommend that if you do ever find the Ark of the Covenant, do not on any circumstances open it. If some else does open it, close your eyes as tight as possible.

I think that the documentary was presented by a Dr Jones.

After watching a documentary called the Raiders of the Lost Ark I can only recommend that if you do ever find the Ark of the Covenant, do not on any circumstances open it. If some else does open it, close your eyes as tight as possible.

I think that the documentary was presented by a Dr Jones.

I've heard about that JFK, sounds interesting I'll try to watch it if it's on again. A mate of mine tells me he did one about the crusades as well, could be an idea for a series, we could make a bob or two here.