Sheffield Bus accident Attercliffe Road

Anyone recall, around mid-1964 ? an accident that happened at the Norfolk Bridge area (that is Attercliffe Road, Leveson Street, Princess Street, Sutherland Street ) where I think perhaps four (?) buses somehow collided into each other ?

If you could remember the month of the accident and given it was a big crash it would more than likely have been reported in the Star.

Thank you Crookedspire but I thought that I would get more better information from 'S.F.'. as there are former Sheffield Transport workers on here and as for 'The Star', I think I'll wait for the correct account other than 'The Star's ' rendition or the Sheffield Police's (circa 1963-65 if you know what I mean.) and of course the actual facts. Thank you tho'.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Anyone recall, around mid-1964 ? an accident that happened at the Norfolk Bridge area (that is Attercliffe Road, Leveson Street, Princess Street, Sutherland Street ) where I think perhaps four (?) buses somehow collided into each other ?

They were probably all speeding as fast as they could to avoid picking up a running wannabe passenger, and laughing at their mirror, when the collisions occurred Karma in quadraphenia ..lol Just kidding ;)

---------- Post added 11-04-2016 at 23:41 ----------

They were probably all speeding as fast as they could to avoid picking up a running wannabe passenger, and laughing at their mirror, when the collisions occurred , karma in quadraphenia ..lol Just kidding ;)

Thank you Crookedspire but I thought that I would get more better information from 'S.F.'. as there are former Sheffield Transport workers on here and as for 'The Star', I think I'll wait for the correct account other than 'The Star's ' rendition or the Sheffield Police's (circa 1963-65 if you know what I mean.) and of course the actual facts. Thank you tho'.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries.html

Edited by Daven

Go to the Local History library within the central library on Surrey Street and ask to look at the local newspaper microfilm for the year in question.

I don't think they are indexed and you may have to spend some time going through the papers around the time you think the incident happened but if it was a significant incident it would have been well documented. Try asking the librarians/archivists for their help too.

The Sheffield Star newspaper was far superior in those days to what it is now so don't be put off. There were several other newspapers local Sheffield and South Yorkshire around in those days too.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/?gclid=CKTKs979jcwCFVYo0wod5TgCWA&dclid=CJD7xN79jcwCFepP2wodbpYNcg

This website might be worth a look although it may not go late enough for 1964.

Edited by Daven