Sheffield on HistoryPin

I've just come across a project called HistoryPin, basically they're creating a historic version of Google Maps, where you can go into street view and see the images that people have uploaded for that area. I've been adding some old photos from around Hackenthorpe and figured I'd see if anyone else wants to get involved so we can add some more areas from around Sheffield.

https://www.historypin.org/en/

It's actually really amazing how some of the photos people took from back in the 1920s actually line up with the same angles found on modern Street View, for example I had an old image of Cotleigh House and the angle Street View got is pretty much bang on with the photo.

This sounds really cool, like the fact that your uploading photos of Hackenthorpe to historypin as that is where I was born and raised also.

I was born and raised in Hackenthorpe too, although I'm only 23 so I only have my granddads stories and posts/photos I've come across online to give me an idea of how the village was in the past