Does anyone date anymore??

Have I already been married for too long to know how 'the game' works?

I don't know Tim.

To my way of thinking, if person A wants a more casual thing and expresses as much in a polite manner, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for person B to politely refuse, but for person B to be rude about it (telling person A to p... off) is out of order. It implies there is something inherently wrong with person A's preference.

I have always been polite and said thanks but no thanks as its not for me.

Im 43

It's not happened while i've been out but it seems to be a common attitude with online dating sites

Dare I say that the world has changed since you (and for that matter me) took our first awkward steps into the world of dating. I rather suspect the same is true for those who lived through the early part of the 1960's...

Apparantly there are some sites "known" for being full of people looking to have encounters and then there are those for more serious relationships. It's been suggested to me that you want to steer clear of okcupid and look instead to eHarmony and match.com apparently....

I have always been polite and said thanks but no thanks as its not for me.

Good for you Jane. :)

Have you considered interest groups? What activities do you enjoy? Could you meet someone through doing something you enjoy?

Dare I say that the world has changed since you (and for that matter me) took our first awkward steps into the world of dating. I rather suspect the same is true for those who lived through the early part of the 1960's...

Apparantly there are some sites "known" for being full of people looking to have encounters and then there are those for more serious relationships. It's been suggested to me that you want to steer clear of okcupid and look instead to eHarmony and match.com apparently....

And me :confused:

Jane if you are newish to online dating may I suggest a guide to the pitfalls too?

There are plenty about, I've only read the one on mumsnet but can recommend it!

A close friend only found it after a bad experience but it should be issued as a handbook :)

How long have you actually been single Jane? There seems to be people on here giving you advice on how to get a date etc.. If you're newly single then wouldnt having some YOU time be a better option instead of worrying about how to pull?

Not being funny by the way!!

I've been in a relationship for the past 8 years but before that i was single and I LOVED IT!!!! some people dont like being single though x

How long have you actually been single Jane? There seems to be people on here giving you advice on how to get a date etc.. If you're newly single then wouldnt having some YOU time be a better option instead of worrying about how to pull?

Not being funny by the way!!

I've been in a relationship for the past 8 years but before that i was single and I LOVED IT!!!! some people dont like being single though x

Exactly - nowt wrong with being single (I have the badge, in gold with oak leaves. )

Ive been single since last may, I do enjoy being single but its a lonely place when everyone around is coupled up and no one wants to go out or be separated from the other

I sort of got used to that to be honest. Looks like you could do with find people with similar interests (or either gender) who won't be tied down by their other half.

What do you like doing? What do you want to do and haven't tried? Find a club and do that! If you don't find a date/new life partner you might find a decent crowd to knock about with.

I wouldnt label anything.. Every circumstance is different..

....when i met my OH i knew within the very first hour that i wouldnt be able to help myself! :love: it was lust at first sight!! 8 yrs on and we're still madly in lust with each other..

I can agree with this, when both get a spark that is so overwhelming that you know it's the right thing to do