Income, dividend, inheritance and capital gains tax

What the hell happened to my post about the tax paid on dividends? It was pure information and nothing more. Why remove it?

If you're talking about this post:

Dont forget, a Dividend is only 80% of the profit from a company (the other 20% is tax) and from this new tax year, dividends are also taxed at 7.5%.

You posted it on a different thread!!!!!! :hihi:

If the government did this, then everyone would be complaining about how much government projects cost compared to private industry.

never mind just think of all them british jobs it would create :hihi::hihi: . take a look at what the private industry has done for running sheffields services :loopy:

never mind just think of all them british jobs it would create :hihi::hihi: . take a look at what the private industry has done for running sheffields services :loopy:

Go on then, how many jobs in the steel industry would be created?

well first of all, a dividend has already been taxed.

What the hell happened to my post about the tax paid on dividends? It was pure information and nothing more. Why remove it?

It's right there

They are taxed differently because they are different things and the Govt wants to encourage different behaviours.

I notice you left out savings interest from that. Should you not tax that as income?

Savings are taxed as income afaik

Income, dividend, inheritance and capital gains tax, they all have different allowances and rates, why not just treat them all as income?

All taxpayers will have a tax-free dividend allowance of £5,000 a year and a £11,000 allowance for income tax.

We spend money the same, whether it is income or inheritance, just tax it the same.

It would simplify the system but it won't and can't work like that. I am by no means a tax expert but firstly you can't tax dividends that way as then they would be taxed twice. You have to separate dividends completely as companies and directors are taxed differently as the company has to pay corporation tax and the director pays income tax and tax on dividends. Personally I think inheritance tax is unfair anyway (I know some will disagree) but I feel paying tax on top of money that has already been taxed is unfair. Granny should be able to leave grandson a couple of grand without the tax man taking a share.