Income, dividend, inheritance and capital gains tax

Income, dividend, inheritance and capital gains tax, they all have different allowances and rates, why not just treat them all as income?

All taxpayers will have a tax-free dividend allowance of £5,000 a year and a £11,000 allowance for income tax.

We spend money the same, whether it is income or inheritance, just tax it the same.

Yes, in principle. A lot of tax admin and accountancy tricks would be rendered superfluous.

Oh, and add-in 'National Insurance' (another tax) too.

Q: I wonder at what single flat-rate the new Amalgamated Income Tax would need to be set in order to yield the same total revenue?

I somehow thought you would. It is what holds investment in Sheffield back because it is also how the world views Sheffield.

The perception of South Yorkshire is now a failed Student Games, Grooming gangs, The Manor, the Killing of 96 football fans, the Miners strike, Arthur Scargill and a bunch of blokes in their vests burning an effigy of Thatcher. No wonder they can't find anyone to develop the city centre.

a lot of what you say there might be right foxy :roll: . I had a walk into Sheffield town centre last week for the half marathon and guess what I was shocked to see all this work going on in the town centre so I assume theres a lot of investment going off at the moment (funny that):D

a lot of what you say there might be right foxy :roll: . I had a walk into Sheffield town centre last week for the half marathon and guess what I was shocked to see all this work going on in the town centre so I assume theres a lot of investment going off at the moment (funny that):D

It was probably the Department for Business Innovation and Skills moving out as they head for London. Or perhaps it was the job centre expanding to cope with the closure of Tata's plants in the region.

Edited by foxy lady

It was probably the Department for Business Innovation and Skills moving out as they head for London. Or perhaps it was the job centre expanding to cope with the closure of Tata's plants in the region.

remind me again what line of business you in ?