Not keeping Gp appointments

How would they cope with a complicated consultation? The more serious/complicated someone's condition is the more likely the GP would be to be fined for delaying the next appointment...how would you solve this?

By doing what they should always have done and used to do, which is to see you on the day you want to see them, as they do at Broad Lane. I would far rather see a doctor on the day I want one than have to wait a month. If they want an appointment system any faults of that system should adhered to by both parties.

By doing what they should always have done and used to do, which is to see you on the day you want to see them, as they do at Broad Lane. I would far rather see a doctor on the day I want one than have to wait a month. If they want an appointment system any faults of that system should adhered to by both parties.

With the number of people attending surgeries these days there's a chance you'd have to "come back tomorrow"...that's great if you've taken a day off work already...

If you fine people, many won't pay and then it costs more to recoup the money than it brings in. Just exclude them from the service is they cannot adhere to the rules. Im sure a doctors surgery can do this if needed.

Edit; It is an option for other reasons : http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Man-uncontrollable-libido-jailed-masturbating/story-25863235-detail/story.html

With the number of people attending surgeries these days there's a chance you'd have to "come back tomorrow"...that's great if you've taken a day off work already...

On the occasions that I have had to visit Broad Lane because of the one month appointment fiasco that I mentioned at my surgery, the most I have had to wait is three hours.

On the occasions that I have had to visit Broad Lane because of the one month appointment fiasco that I mentioned at my surgery, the most I have had to wait is three hours.

Is that because everyone else is attending a pre-arranged slot at their local surgery? I don't know whether you're wrong or right but what would happen if everyone just turned up on spec? Genuine question....

I agree it is disgusting, but if they do punish people who don't turn up for appointments, they also should compensate me for waiting, hours in total, over the years, past my appointment time. Don't get me wrong, they probably should be punished. Should work both ways though. Personally I would like to go back to the old system with no appointment but you turned up and saw the doctor the same day, instead of in one month's time like the practise I just left for that reason.

Yes indeed. It should work both ways.

My Doctor always keeps me waiting but this is because she gives her patients the time they need and I don't mind the wait because I know that I'll be treated with respect and care, I think the quality of the Doctor is often reflected in the length of wait both for an appointment and sitting in the surgery. My Doctor was ill on my last appointment so I opted to see another, the one who whips 'em in and whips 'em out (ok I know that's a risky description:) ) it was an experience I won't repeat in a hurry, I'll continue to play Sudoku for as long as it takes to be 'seen'

sometimes patients end up going to A and E . some do cancel on the day for what ever reason , we cancelled an appointment because of illness as in too ill to get to the surgery by car etc or on foot , next time we saw the doctor , he said you failed to turn up , I said no we cancelled and showed him my phone which proved we cancelled as the dates and times corresponded . People whose carers don't show up to take them for appointments its a whole variety of reasons.

sometimes patients end up going to A and E . some do cancel on the day for what ever reason , we cancelled an appointment because of illness as in too ill to get to the surgery by car etc or on foot , next time we saw the doctor , he said you failed to turn up , I said no we cancelled and showed him my phone which proved we cancelled as the dates and times corresponded . People whose carers don't show up to take them for appointments its a whole variety of reasons.

It's not a problem if appointments are cancelled on the day, it's when they're not cancelled at all.

So you're comfortable waiting upto 3 hours with a non appointment system, but feel challenged about waiting an extra 30 minutes with an appointment system?