Robin Hood airport parking ticket

Having read other threads On this there seems to only be out of date advice. I got a ticket today after stopping to ask the chap in his vehicle directions to the short stay car park. Should I ignore it, appeal against it ( I was stopped for 10 seconds at the most) or should I just pay up

Have a read of THIS THREAD on pepipoo, and then have a further search around that site as well as MSE & CAG.

Do Not identify the driver.

i.e. re. your first post on this thread as an example.

I, as the registered keeper got a ticket, since the driver stopped......................

But confirm the best wording on a new thread, specific to your case, on pepipoo.

Edited by peak4

Whilst not doubting the Op, Donny airport only has one way in and out. You have no choice but to enter the car park. There is a massive sign at the entrance that says 15 min free with a big arrow. It's not exactly hard to miss.

Whilst not doubting the Op, Donny airport only has one way in and out. You have no choice but to enter the car park. There is a massive sign at the entrance that says 15 min free with a big arrow. It's not exactly hard to miss.

Thats what I thought too. Seems a bit odd for someone to need directions as there is only one road that passes it with clear signs on the two roundabouts.

---------- Post added 13-04-2016 at 13:55 ----------

Is Robin Hood a Peel owned airport? if so, they've been really going for drivers at Liverpool too.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fury-liverpool-john-lennon-airport-6737717

Yeah it is, they own:

City Airport Manchester

Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield

Durham Tees Valley Airport, Darlington

Is Robin Hood a Peel owned airport? if so, they've been really going for drivers at Liverpool too.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fury-liverpool-john-lennon-airport-6737717

I would suggest that it's not Peel who are going after anyone at all.

They have elected to allow VCS to manage the land, and it they who are going after drivers.

Some would say that it has more to do with profiteering by VCS than management of the car park on behalf of Peel.

Peel's responsibility is signing the contract with VCS; I've no idea if they get a kickback from the "fines", or rather perhaps I should say, "speculative invoices". ;)

It is not a fine, it is an invoice. Send it back with a little note saying you have no contract with them and to provide proof of driver if they persist. The onus is on them. They will probably threaten you with all sorts, just ignore it, send it back again saying you have no contract with them.

Is VCS not the old EXCEL parking re-branded ? I thought they were suspended from retrieving driver details from DVLA, if so just ignore it as they have no way of knowing who owns the vehicle. I would check to first to see if DVLA allow them to request personal details.

Maybe someone could verify this ??