Will the 2010's (2011 - 2020) be looked on as great years in 2040?

You get it all the time, the 1990s were fantastic years, great music, great clubbing, housing cheap etc.....but is that the truth or are people just looking back at an era with rose tinted spectacles?

People look at the 1960s as if everyone was into free love, taking their clothes off, attending big concerts etc....however when I spoke to my granddad he never did any of those things because in his words "I was int chuffin steel works workint long shifts"

So the image of the 1960s is free love, but for many the reality was working int steel works if you lived in Sheffield

The 1990s everyone says its the last era when things were good, but is that true?

Are people from the 1990s looking back at an era with rose tinted spectacles?

Will the same be said in 25 years time about 2016?

Everyone things current times are awful but will people look back on this era as a great time?

You get it all the time, the 1990s were fantastic years, great music,

90's music was the worst ever, did nothing for me

It's human trait to look back at the best of times and remember those (in our personal lives anyway). The minority who don't seem to be the ones with depression..... just my view/experience, I'm not trying to be some keyboard psychologist

Metallica - Black album (1991)

Oasis - Morning Glory (1995)

Blur - Parklife (1994)

The Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation (1994)

Radiohead - OK Computer (1997)

Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)

Pearl Jam - Ten (1991)

REM - Automatic for the People (1992)

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang (1993)

Dr Dre - The Chronic (1992)

Lauryn Hill - The miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)

Beck - Odelay (1996)

The list is endless. Anybody saying the nineties wasn't great for music is pretty deluded about what good music is.

90's music was the worst ever, did nothing for me

It's human trait to look back at the best of times and remember those (in our personal lives anyway). The minority who don't seem to be the ones with depression..... just my view/experience, I'm not trying to be some keyboard psychologist

90s charts were awful. It was dominated by I believe I can fly (about the death of some rapper that got shot) and Candle in the wind. To top it all we had Blur Parklife. At least you had Oasis and Pulp to balance out the bad though.

. Anybody saying the nineties wasn't great for music is pretty deluded about what good music is.
ok, maybe I'm deluded, but at the end of the day, it's subjective and personal choice ... one mans meat etc.

Unless you are the sort that purposely puts on music to listen to it on high quality kit (in which case you judge it more technically than I would). I prefer to do something while listening to a radio and feel a preference for historical musical probably follows what was happening to you at that time in life.

So, I like 80's stuff - listening to it, much of it is technically crap, but it was a time when I had no responsibilities, no bills, no kids and just went darn tarn clubbing, drinking and meeting lasses.

All I remember of the 90's was the Britpop wars, which seemed less about the music and more about which team you were in, boy bands and crappy bands like Bewitched, AllSaints etc. And then there were some acid stuff, which was never my scene.

Musically, I take very little away from the 90's - if Im pushed, REM, Pulp, Suede, TheVerve