Working full-time, fined by government for going on holiday!

should benefit claimants be banned from travelling abroad?

if a claimant is able to save money from their benefits shouldn't they be allowed to spend it as they like?

If they are able to save up for an holiday the government must be giving them too much money.

why do you think that?

Because I consider an holiday to be a luxury, and luxuries should be worked for. The state should help poor people keep a roof over their head, food on the table and cloths on their backs, it shouldn't help them pay for foreign holidays.

Because I consider an holiday to be a luxury, and luxuries should be worked for. The state should help poor people keep a roof over their head, food on the table and cloths on their backs, it shouldn't help them pay for foreign holidays.

are holidays luxuries?

soft toilet paper is a luxury maybe benefit claimants should be forced to use izal or newspaper but that would mean newspapers couldn't be classed as luxuries which they probably are.

however, my point was that if someone is capable of saving sufficient money from their payments to fund a holiday shouldn't they be allowed to take one?

are holidays luxuries?

soft toilet paper is a luxury maybe benefit claimants should be forced to use izal or newspaper but that would mean newspapers couldn't be classed as luxuries which they probably are.

however, my point was that if someone is capable of saving sufficient money from their payments to fund a holiday shouldn't they be allowed to take one?

My point is that it shouldn't be possible for those in need of state support to save enough for an expensive luxury.

My point is that it shouldn't be possible for those in need of state support to save enough for an expensive luxury.

ian is it you? is this what you are doing after storming out of the cabinet?

why shouldn't it be possible though?

is it simply to punish people who, for whatever reason, are unable to get a job?

ian is it you? is this what you are doing after storming out of the cabinet?

why shouldn't it be possible though?

is it simply to punish people who, for whatever reason, are unable to get a job?

Its not a punishment to limit free money to only meet peoples needs. They shouldn't be rewarded for not earning their own money and an holiday is a reward that should only come from your own labours.

Because I consider an holiday to be a luxury, and luxuries should be worked for. The state should help poor people keep a roof over their head, food on the table and cloths on their backs

Why would you want them to wear cloths on their back, is it so you tell who was on benefits?

The lady in question has a job. She receives UC to top up her meagre wages.

I work full time, and although I don't earn much money, or receive any state support in terms of benefits, and haven't had a holiday for 4 years; I hope she and her family have a lovely holiday.

The lady in question has a job. She receives UC to top up her meagre wages.

I work full time, and although I don't earn much money, or receive any state support in terms of benefits, and haven't had a holiday for 4 years; I hope she and her family have a lovely holiday.

Obviously not that meagre if she can afford to holiday abroad, back to my original point there was a time when people worked more hours in order to afford the luxuries of life, now many look to the state instead of working more hours, no wonder the UK has become less productive.