Working full-time, fined by government for going on holiday!

Why would you want them to wear cloths on their back, is it so you tell who was on benefits?
why don't you just point out that the guy made a typo? This stupidity of pretending you don't understand just makes you look pathetic.

It's not a fine, it's having benefits you're not entitled to withdrawn forthe period you're not entitled to them. Seems tough, but if they're the rules ...

My point is that it shouldn't be possible for those in need of state support to save enough for an expensive luxury.

The rules have to work for people in many different situations, you're basically asserting that nobody claiming in work benefits should ever be able to save any money.

No matter how hard they try, they simply aren't allowed to save. :huh:

---------- Post added 24-04-2016 at 21:21 ----------

It's not a fine, it's having benefits you're not entitled to withdrawn forthe period you're not entitled to them. Seems tough, but if they're the rules ...

And the point people are making is that taking annual leave from your full time work should not disqualify you from in work benefits because you are still in work.

---------- Post added 24-04-2016 at 21:22 ----------

In which post did I claim to know how she afforded it?

You keep claiming that she shouldn't have been able to afford it and that she is obviously given too much money by the state. The evidence for this, that she took a foreign holiday.

Well, if you now say that you don't know how she paid for it, then I guess you've now got no evidence that she gets "too much" money from the state. :roll:

The rules have to work for people in many different situations, you're basically asserting that nobody claiming in work benefits should ever be able to save any money.

No matter how hard they try, they simply aren't allowed to save. :huh:

If they are claiming benefits and are able to save then they didn't need the benefits, meaning the benefits being paid are obviously too high and can be reduced without causing hardship.

So, week one, they eat normally, save nothing. Week 2 they only eat baked beans and save £10.

You a) think it should somehow be monitored, b) think that they £10 savings should be taken from them.

Only eating baked beans is unhealthy and will very likely result in a further cost to the nation when they become ill.

Only eating baked beans is unhealthy and will very likely result in a further cost to the nation when they become ill.

Not the point.

Do you, or do you not think that they should have that £10 they've saved taken away from them?

I can create keeping examples where they save some money, thinking of ways to save a few quid every week are easy. Justifying why you'd then take that money away from them, that's harder. :roll:

Not the point.

Do you, or do you not think that they should have that £10 they've saved taken away from them?

I can create keeping examples where they save some money, thinking of ways to save a few quid every week are easy. Justifying why you'd then take that money away from them, that's harder. :roll:

It should be used to cover the cost of their inevitable self inflicted illness, you can only save money each week if you have more money than you need.

I suppose a more accurate title for this thread is: Working Part-Time[1] and in receipt of Benefits[2], fined by DWP for going on Holiday[3]

[1] - Averages 30 hours a week.

[2] - In work benefit, Universal Credit to top up salary.

[3] - Missing two scheduled meetings with the DWP over a 1 or 2 week period.

Edited by Berberis