Working full-time, fined by government for going on holiday!

And no, part time working should no more be an acceptable lifestyle choice than not working. But saying that doesn't magically summon up a full time job for her. Perhaps we could start by outlawing zero hours contracts though.

One doesn't need a full time job to work full time, 2, 3 ,4 part time jobs will equal full time.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:47 ----------

And yet you are unable to explain how a rule that people receiving in work benefits are not allowed to save any money can be enforced.

I have explained several times but you cover your eyes and ignore it.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:48 ----------

It's entirely relevant to what you keep implying about how it was paid for.

No it is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

No one disagree with this, but if she can afford to take it abroad then she is clearly being given too much many by the tax payer.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:21 ----------

If people in need of state support are able to save for an holiday abroad we should be asking some questions about how much they are given.[/QUOTE]

So basically you are saying if a person is on universal credit to top up their pay and they are careful and wise with how they manage their money ie: being able to save a little each week towards a holiday, they should have their money reduced to make that impossible. Whereas another person claiming exactly the same who isn't careful and doesn't save anything, they can keep all of it.... because they need it because they can't manage their money properly. Eh !!!!! ??????? Sorry but you are talking clap trap.

How long would be an acceptable time to save for a holiday? Doesn't matter if it is abroad or in the UK, costs can vary.

How do you know that this person hasn't saved up for several years for this holiday? Have they been given the money as a gift? You just seem to be a bitter individual. Anyone working full time can and should be able to save for a holiday, no matter how long it takes.

None of which is relevant to the point I made, I will make it again just for you.

Benefits shouldn't be that high that they enable someone to save for an holiday abroad.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:56 ----------

So basically you are saying if a person is on universal credit to top up their pay and they are careful and wise with how they manage their money ie: being able to save a little each week towards a holiday, they should have their money reduced to make that impossible. Whereas another person claiming exactly the same who isn't careful and doesn't save anything, they can keep all of it.... because they need it because they can't manage their money properly. Eh !!!!! ??????? Sorry but you are talking clap trap.

No, if one can save by managing what they are given then everyone in the same circumstances is being given more than they need, so I would reduce everyone's money and send the one's can't manage on a money management cause.

Edited by sutty27

So basically you are saying if a person is on universal credit to top up their pay and they are careful and wise with how they manage their money ie: being able to save a little each week towards a holiday, they should have their money reduced to make that impossible.

Yes, he's saying exactly that, but desperately trying to avoid saying it.

Hence why he won't answer questions about it.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:59 ----------

None of which is relevant to the point I made, I will make it again just for you.

Benefits shouldn't be that high that they enable someone to save for an holiday abroad.

No, if one can save by managing what they are given then everyone in the same circumstances is being given more than they need.

So everyone should have a house that costs the same to heat, travel to work that costs the same, shop in the same places, be able to get the same special offers.

What a truly ludicrous thing to say.

No, if one can save by managing what they are given then everyone in the same circumstances is being given more than they need.

I'm not missing the point. You are. Benefits aren't that high that they can afford to pay for a holiday. Cost of living goes up and down all the time. There's bound to be a little surplus left over some weeks. Other weeks they might overspend due to unforseen circumstances. What do you want these people to do with the surplus? Give it back every week so they're left with a zero balance? :huh:

So everyone should have a house that costs the same to heat, travel to work that costs the same, shop in the same places, be able to get the same special offers.

What a truly ludicrous thing to say.

WOW you clearly are having difficulty understanding what I type.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:02 ----------

I'm not missing the point. You are. Benefits aren't that high that they can afford to pay for a holiday. Cost of living goes up and down all the time. There's bound to be a little surplus left over some weeks. Other weeks they might overspend due to unforseen circumstances. What do you want these people to do with the surplus? Give it back every week so they're left with a zero balance? :huh:

I didn't say you had missed the point.

WOW you clearly are having difficulty understanding what I type.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:02 ----------

I didn't say you had missed the point.

Then what did you mean when you said "none of which is relevant to the point I made"?

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:04 ----------

So you didn't understand that sentence, WOW.

I understood it, but it wasn't correct.........we digress.