'Breaking - Britains's Last Pub Has Closed'. Reality one day?

Britain's last pub is set to close tonight , the owners have all but given up beer prices have risen to six pounds a pint the place is empty. The building has been sold for redevelopment tonight to we rise a glass to one British institution that has finally died- the British pub. Sounds far fletched but given the rate of clousers it could be become a reality.

Load of old rhubarb. So some pubs shut. How many open? I think of a couple that have been built from scratch let alone reopened.

The ones that open arnt boozers , they are them horrible family food pubs ,which are no more than a creche that sells food and beer.

I dont call them proper boozers.

The ones that open arnt boozers , they are them horrible family food pubs ,which are no more than a creche that sells food and beer.

I dont call them proper boozers.

The ones from scratch I would agree. Lots of other pubs (re)opening though.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 18:11 ----------

That's funny I spot one or two around Sheffield that have closed for good. How many pubs were their in 2000 in city centre compared to now ?

So one or two have shut - bound to have given the change in drinking habits. But all of the shutting eventually? Rhubarb.

So one or two have shut - bound to have given the change in drinking habits. But all of the shutting eventually? Rhubarb.

So with that train of thought the Market Tavern and Cannon should be reopening soon now that could be interesting!

Most of those have turned into a creshe with a bar

No they haven't. That's a load of bollards. Sheffield tap etc don't do food and aren't crèches. The whole real ale/craft beer thing. You may have missed it.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 18:15 ----------

So with that train of thought the Market Tavern and Cannon should be reopening soon now that could be interesting!
where did I say they would?

No they haven't. That's a load of bollards. Sheffield tap etc don't do food and aren't crèches. The whole real ale/craft beer thing. You may have missed it.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 18:15 ----------

where did I say they would?

You said closed pub are reopening should be sound could go back to my local Parkway Tavern soon.

18 months ago Weatherspoons alone were planning to open 200 pubs . However, you are way off the mark when you say one or two pubs closing, even though this article is from August 2014. Why sprout nonsense?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/12/pubs-closing-rate-31-week