'Breaking - Britains's Last Pub Has Closed'. Reality one day?

18 months ago Weatherspoons alone were planning to open 200 pubs . However, you are way off the mark when you say one or two pubs closing, even though this article is from August 2014. Why sprout nonsense?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/12/pubs-closing-rate-31-week

And the title of this thread isn't nonsense? Do me a favour.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 18:43 ----------

You said closed pub are reopening should be sound could go back to my local Parkway Tavern soon.

I never they all would, you're making things up. Most in eckington have been turned into houses.

So you think the tradition British boozer has a Rosie future do enlighten me on this ?

Again, where did I say it did? You're the one saying they're all going to close. If memory serves there two threads on the first page of going out about new pubs opening.

Pubs will change. Ones that people don't go to will shut, busy ones will stay open.

Wonderful mate what about the price let's face facts we only got so much to spend.

I don't know what you want me to do here. Not all pubs are closing. They aren't all cheap places to go. The dearer ones are doing ok, some have the temerity to even offer food. I'm sorry.

The 31 pubs a week closing is something I take issue with as well whilst I'm off a long run up. How is this counted? The conyers at kiveton (before it was levelled and houses built on it) must have shut about every 4-6 months. Did they just count it once?

What about Working Men's Clubs they going faster than pub ?

I know the club "scene" has been dead on its arse for 15 years now. There are still a few open, some rebranded into family clubs or some such. Lots have closed as they were massive buildings to run for a few little old ladies nursing a half until the bingo started. When I'm out and about its interesting to see which ones have closed and which ones haven't. There's no real pattern that I can see.

I know the club "scene" has been dead on its arse for 15 years now. There are still a few open, some rebranded into family clubs or some such. Lots have closed as they were massive buildings to run for a few little old ladies nursing a half until the bingo started. When I'm out and about its interesting to see which ones have closed and which ones haven't. There's no real pattern that I can see.

So nothing to do with the price of a pint then?