Mugs alley attercliffe

trying to locate where mugs alley roller skating was,spent happy hors there but cannot remember exactly where it was was somewhere of zion lane any help needed cheers:

The roller skating rink (formerly Attercliffe Central Hall) was on Church Lane -which led to Burgess Road. Zion Lane was the parallel street above it off Attercliffe Road going towards Staniforth Road and to the other side of Church Lane was Vicarage Road and then Newhall Road. All those streets were to the left of Attercliffe Road coming away from town going towards Tinsley.

Edited by stpetre
Add

trying to locate where mugs alley roller skating was,spent happy hors there but cannot remember exactly where it was was somewhere of zion lane any help needed cheers:

hi catkins the skating rink was above weberster 2nd hand furniture store and wa s owned by the travis family spent my youth there dancing on skates and later playing roller hockey for the srhc hockey team in a league all over the country also at all butlins camp harry Rhodes ran the rink and bernad deakins was the floor manager what great place to be when growing up good friends and lots of fun happy days regards aj

Where did the term 'Mug's Alley' come from anyway ? (And I'm from Pitsmoor but did get around a bit.)

hi stpetre mugs alley got it name from skaters who were just star ting and was a place to get better also a place to skate when dancers

were doing there thing up stairs it had a largehand rail down the middle and a a great place to start to improve your skating skill

hi stpetre mugs alley got it name from skaters who were just star ting and was a place to get better also a place to skate when dancers

were doing there thing up stairs it had a largehand rail down the middle and a a great place to start to improve your skating skill

St Petre: thank you carbrook lad! you have reminded me that it was my very self in 'Mug's Alley' in 1961 when I first went there as a hopeless case in skating but assisted by a girl of same age (we were 13) -and an excellent skater-who was the epitome of a young Audrey Hepburn...However....memories ? Thanks again Mr. C. and keep well !

Edited by stpetre