50,000 anti-austerity march central London.

3500 or 50000 fools who think we shouldn't reduce the deficit and should live on borrowing money.

Ah but these fools ie Corbyn also criticises the Chancellor for not reducing the deficit enough and breaking his promise on debt. What would these fools do instead?

---------- Post added 18-04-2016 at 10:27 ----------

50,000 people took part in an anti-austerity march in Central London yesterday.

Not a peep about it on the mainstream News or in the papers, even though social media is full of it. The media is now so biased it's not worth watching. The only way to find out what's really going on in the world, let alone your own back yard, is on the internet.

Doesn't the mainstream media have a duty to keep us informed?

It was mentioned in the media. However Unions, Labour politicans and the great unwashed SWP protesting about a tory government is not news. Its what they do.

I see that the reasons I stopped listening to him are still valid, and that the arguments apparently are not changing.

I wonder how interesting it would be to see what people would come up with if they had to design a tax system from scratch...

You see I can't just let him spout his nonsense unchallenged. I sympathise with you.

your fawning deference for the rich is mildly nauseating.

You don't have anything to be grateful for.

when they really have nothing to be grateful for.

they should be grateful and deferential to the wealthy.

4 times now you've implied my position is this now. It's tiring.

Stating how much of the tax-revenue is paid for by the wealthiest people is stating a fact, not 'being grateful' :roll:

My position is as it always has been with 'big companies' - The people have the power, and choose not to use it because it's easier not to. And that's why I call them hypocrites.

I'm not being condescending but I do feel sorry for you to be honest.

:hihi:

Where has anyone said that?

I wouldn't expect you to say it outright but it's implicit in your drum banging for the wealthy who you seem to think are funding everybody else.

---------- Post added 18-04-2016 at 19:19 ----------

You see I can't just let him spout his nonsense unchallenged. I sympathise with you.

But you haven't challenged anything.

No riposte to the fact that income tax is 35% of HMRC revenue and my challenge to the fact that as a progressive tax it is doing exactly what it should and we don't need to feel grateful to the ones who are caught in the higher bands.

No meaningful riposte to the equality trusts findings about debt burden, which actually isn't nonsense but is very measurable.

I know you like to rely on the argument about the rich paying more a lot, but it isd deerply flawed. In absolute terms the income tax the wealthy pay is about 10-15% of total HMRC revenue. The rest of us pay plenty too.

---------- Post added 18-04-2016 at 19:32 ----------

4 times now you've implied my position is this now. It's tiring.

Stating how much of the tax-revenue is paid for by the wealthiest people is stating a fact, not 'being grateful' :roll:

My position is as it always has been with 'big companies' - The people have the power, and choose not to use it because it's easier not to. And that's why I call them hypocrites.

:hihi:

OK, I'm glad you don't feel some warped sense of gratitude. Nobody should

As for the big companies, well the truth is they provide services people want. Being a customer of a large company but calling for it to pay a fairer share of tax is a perfectly valid position to hold.

OK, I'm glad you don't feel some warped sense of gratitude. Nobody should

As for the big companies, well the truth is they provide services people want. Being a customer of a large company but calling for it to pay a fairer share of tax is a perfectly valid position to hold.

When have I ever suggested that these big companies shouldn't be asked to pay their fair share? (has anyone in fact? I've never seen that position in here)

The problem is, especially in the last 10-20 years or so, it's not easy to stop companies evading tax by whatever means, so 'the people' HAVE to step in. They hold the power. Governments have national interests/(i.e vote winners) to deal with. If everyone in the UK teamed up (on facebook ironically:hihi:) got rid of facebook tomorrow, I'm telling you now, they would be forced to change their tax practices here. Pretty much the same for all of these companies.

edit to add. did you watch QT last week? The guy that shouted (and got applause) just said a few times words to the effect of 'you tory scum, why don't you close the loopholes?!'

It's like people in here I've seen sometimes, when they say 'close the door' on immigration. Just easy things to say. As if it's just a switch.

Edited by *_ash_*
added