Best face cream for ladies?

pdrnsf

Right here goes:

Im a 21 year old female and i dont have much of a skincare routine, so i thought i would start. I have combination skin, still fighting against teenage spots that seem to have forgot that their purpose was 'teenage spots' not 'forever spots' !

I dont suppose that its the spots that im trying to to tackle, i figure that i should take a hollistic approach and go for overall wellbeing, if this works, then surely the environment for spots might not be as lucrative! Im also scared about getting wrinkles, crows feet and generally looking old before my time! I know i know, im only 21, but time flies by you know!!!

I bought two boots botanics creams:

Botanics Day Shift Moisture Cream SPF 12: to 'restore, plump and smooth your skin'

Botanics Pore Perfecting Light Night Cream: to work 'while you sleep and prevent blemishes and help fade the visible signs of past blemishes'

Now the night cream seems to be really good, but the day cream seems very thick and heavy and doesnt seem to sink in as much. I put that one yesterday morning and my make up felt like it was sliding off my face all day.

So i have come up with a plan, can i use the night cream as a day cream and the day cream as a night cream?

Anyone used these before? What did you think?

What are other peoples faves? Any swear by products?

Anyone who started doing someting at my age, and twenty years later their skin is radiant as a result?

P.S. i dont smoke and rarely drink.

You need to give the moisturiser a good fifteen minutes to sink in before you apply your base or it will slide off - is that perhaps where you went wrong?

Don't be surprised if you get really spotty for a few days of your new skincare routine. There things (in my experience at least) take a few days to settle in.

Good luck and keep at it! :thumbsup:

K x

this is one of my pet hates,

every commercial break on tv theres another cream thats so wonderful and better than the others,

have you seen the prices of some of these!

sad thing is some people buy them thinking they will look young and they are buying a good product,half the items advertised have not got full backing from research labs etc.

best thing to do is buy a good mousturiser or cream with a good spf,and use it regularly.

glad iv got that off my chest:heyhey:

It helps too if your face isn't completely dry (after you cleanse it) for the moisturiser to be absorbed.

It does sound like you may need a lighter day cream. I quite like tescos moisturisers (but that's cos they're cheap too).

Originally posted by pdrnsf

After i cleanse it? Oooppps? Am i missing a part of this whole skin care routine out? CLEANSE? Whats that when its at home?!

I have recently only moved on from baby wipes to take make up off and a superdrug face wash!

Don't panic - it just means giving it a good clean. Doesn't matter if you go for old fashioned soap & water (although I find that really drying) or a cleansing wipe or something else :)

Archived