Best face cream for ladies?

pdrnsf

Originally posted by pdrnsf

After i cleanse it? Oooppps? Am i missing a part of this whole skin care routine out? CLEANSE? Whats that when its at home?!

I have recently only moved on from baby wipes to take make up off and a superdrug face wash!

Awww honey, you're gonna have to enrol in my masterclass! ;)

You really should take your slap off when you go to bed; it's important to remove it (with all the daily grime) so your skin can breathe. Not removing it is also a big cause of spots (has the mystery been solved? :suspect: )

There are lots of all-in-one cleanser and toners on the market, but as I have a combination skin, I like to use seperates; I find they are better for me.

Toners frequently have an alcohol content so beware of you have a sensitive skin. They remove any residue of cleanser, and tighten your pores.

I'll go see if I can find a good link for you, but if you end up looking better than me, I'll sue! :P:D

K x

Originally posted by speenie

Well my Grandma used to wash with soap and water and use Ponds Cold Cream, Mum does the same but uses Nivea - the old stuff in the pot, and both had/have fantatsic skin.

Makes you wonder what all these fancy things really do!?!

I must admit that old fashioned Nivea in the blue pot is excellent; I use it if I get dry skin anywhere and it never fails to work! :thumbsup:

I used to use Virgin Vie, which worked for a while, but then my skin started getting really greasy, so I've stopped using it.

I've been using Clinique for the past few months... It's fabulous! :D It's all catered to your individual skin type... There's a special chart at the clinique counter which helps you work out which one you are... I'm type 2...

The clinique skincare system consists of a "3 step" which is your cleanse, tone (or exfoliate) and moisturise... The cleanser is a bar of really gentle soap... Doesnt dry your skin like most soaps, just makes your face feel really clean, not tight or anything... The toner is quite strong, if you ask me... You can smell the alcohol a mile off... I counteract this by wetting my cotton ball with water and just adding the tiniest splash of toner to it... The moisturiser is a lotion, its quite light and doesnt make you feel all clogged up... Infact your skin feels quite matt after use, therefore is quite a good base for your make up too...

Clinique is dear... Trust me, I've just had open wallet surgery today when I went for a bottle of moisturiser (125ml for £26!!! :o ) But it does last you ages and a little does go a very long way... Definately an investment, thats for sure!

I agree with Caprice - the clinique stuff is great. I bought some of their make up and got a pack of sample sized freebies - 2 different sorts of moisturers (day and night) and they have lasted me 4 months now with daily use... worthwhile investment - get it cheaper on ebay! The Boots No 7 advanced hydration is good too...

Depends wether youve got oily or dry skin.There are different creams for either type. Some people have combination skins as well. The best kind of cosmetics to use are by Liz Earle,and are sold on QVC .Her creams have won awards and are made completely from natural products. Her cleansing cream is called "Cleanse and polish" and your skin will feel marvellos afterwards.She has a beautiful Toner for after that,then a moisturisor. Remember, its cleanse, tone and moisturise.She started making her cosmetics because she suffered from acne.You will never ever have spots again if you use her products.By the way, I never wash my face with soap.

Originally posted by pattricia

Depends wether youve got oily or dry skin.There are different creams for either type. Some people have combination skins as well. The best kind of cosmetics to use are by Liz Earle,and are sold on QVC .Her creams have won awards and are made completely from natural products. Her cleansing cream is called "Cleanse and polish" and your skin will feel marvellos afterwards.She has a beautiful Toner for after that,then a moisturisor. Remember, its cleanse, tone and moisturise.She started making her cosmetics because she suffered from acne.You will never ever have spots again if you use her products.By the way, I never wash my face with soap.

Guess you don't have any "Crows Feet" then ? :hihi:

Archived