Best face cream for ladies?

pdrnsf

Originally posted by pattricia

Depends wether youve got oily or dry skin.There are different creams for either type. Some people have combination skins as well. .

So very true!

Avoid an oil based moisturiser if you have oily skin (which young skin tends to be on the whole) and go for an aqueos based product. I find synergie good for my skin but that's me.

I always found the best testing route is to trawl around Debenhams beauty counters and ask for the freebie testers. Tell them you are investing in a full 3 step product range but you want to try before you buy. Then do Coles, Body Shop and Boots and try a range of products each day, then buy whichever range worked for you.

I started the whole cleanse tone moisturise routine around 18 or so and worked for Avon for a while, my skin isn't aging badly although I did smoke for a number of years.

Keep it up, you won't regret it.

I used to sell Virgin Vie products and still have some things in stock that you can try out if you want.

Your basic skin care routine should be: cleanse, tone, moisturise. Then you can add to that by using a facial mask/scrub and night cream.

It doesn't matter what age you are, you will always benefit from a good skin-care routine.

It takes trial and error and personal preference to find something that is right for you. I personally don't use night creams because I always come out in spots when I do - whatever brand I use. I do use an eye cream though as the skin around your eyes is the most fragile and therefore will show the early signs of ageing. If you tend to have dry lips I would recomend vaseline - can't beat it in my opinion.

There's a good range of products out there specifically for combination skin (usually an oily T-Zone and dry cheeks). There is often no need to use moisturiser on your nose as it secretes sufficient oil normally (unless you have very dry skin).

Exfoliating once or twice a week with a scrub or scrub/mask will help to get rid of any dry skin cells.

As Kristian said, allow your moisturiser to be absorbed before applying make-up. Also, when applying make-up try to ensure your skin and your products are as cool as possible - in the heat of summer put them in the 'fridge.

Any moisturiser is better than none at all, but make sure your face is cleansed properly first. Toner removes the excess cleanser and any grime your cleanser has missed. I found the Clinique products too harsh for my skin - they can strip away your natural oils.

If you fancy a facial and trying out some different products PM me, I will do one for you (no charge) and give you a few tips on general skin care and make-up application too. Try to avoid buying products unless you have tried them out first, most counters in places such as Debenhams will demonstrate the products on you and should be able to give you some samples.

Body Shop products are fantastic. As they don't advertise the prices are not high, yet you are getting quality products. Yes I did used to work for them until three years ago and still use their stuff.

I would recommend the Vitamin E range. Full of antioxidants which protect against those nasty free radicals. Vitamin E cream has not been a consistent best seller for nothing, althogh i prefer the newer illuminating one these days. Suits all types of skin, which is wonderful for most women whose faces go from dead oily to rather dry in a month. Unless you have extremely dry or oily skin think most women's skin fluctuates.

Also try the retexturising peel which gets rid of dead skin cells. Like a very gentle mask. Been recommended in Marie Claire, Grazia and many other magazines.

Think someone else said perserve with stuff as takes a while for your skin to settle down. Takes 28 days for the skin to renew itself and unless you have a severe allergic reaction, you need to use something for this amount of time to see if it is any good for you. Don't let spots put you off - that just means that the product is fetching all that gunk out of your skin!

Although must agree that for a spot zapper, Clinque clarifying lotion used over three days sorts it out.

I knew a girl who worked behind a Clinique counter in Boots and at the end of the day she used to wipe the glass down with the toner. It cleared away all the day's scuz.

I am looking for a cleansing gel if anyone can recommend one. I find that creams clog my pores. I also require it to take off my eye make up as I can not be bothered with an excess of pots full of different creams and lotions. I have had little luck in finding one that is suitable. I too have combi skin.

Any suggestions?

I just use Boots own brand cucumber moisturiser and cleansing wipes. They do the job and the cream comes in 2 "strenghts" - i use the pot in winter as its slightly thicker than the bottle (which i use in the summer as it's very light). Neither have spf in them though :(

I agree with what's been said before about the expensive things not necessarily being the best :)

Wow! Thanks for everyones great replies! Thanks for your exceptionally kind offer, but as it happens, my partner is treating me to a facial tommorow-he's not doing it dont worry! So busy with work now, so will get back to you all soon. Thanks soooooooo much!

Archived