Best face cream for ladies?

pdrnsf

Originally posted by pdrnsf

Right here goes:

Im a 21 year old female and i dont have much of a skincare routine, so i thought i would start. I have combination skin, still fighting against teenage spots that seem to have forgot that their purpose was 'teenage spots' not 'forever spots' !

I dont suppose that its the spots that im trying to to tackle, i figure that i should take a hollistic approach and go for overall wellbeing, if this works, then surely the environment for spots might not be as lucrative! Im also scared about getting wrinkles, crows feet and generally looking old before my time! I know i know, im only 21, but time flies by you know!!!

I bought two boots botanics creams:

Botanics Day Shift Moisture Cream SPF 12: to 'restore, plump and smooth your skin'

Botanics Pore Perfecting Light Night Cream: to work 'while you sleep and prevent blemishes and help fade the visible signs of past blemishes'

Now the night cream seems to be really good, but the day cream seems very thick and heavy and doesnt seem to sink in as much. I put that one yesterday morning and my make up felt like it was sliding off my face all day.

So i have come up with a plan, can i use the night cream as a day cream and the day cream as a night cream?

Anyone used these before? What did you think?

What are other peoples faves? Any swear by products?

Anyone who started doing someting at my age, and twenty years later their skin is radiant as a result?

P.S. i dont smoke and rarely drink.

I dunno if the following has been suggested, cos I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but consider:

Drink more water.

Sleep well (early nights).

Exercise.

Smile and have kind thoughts / actions.

Eat healthy food.

... *may* all improve your complexion.

• 6 months later...

My skin has gone extremely dry and sensitive with pregnancy and what has been a lifesaver is Aqueaous Cream. It's the most basic cream in the world, you can use it as a face wash then apply it as a moisturiser and it is utterly non-irritating in my experience (and even E45 was setting my skin off!)

They sell it behind the counter at pharmacists and its only a couple of quid for a big tube that lasts ages so it's great value as well. A friend of mine who is a makeup artist told me it's what they swear by on fashion shoots to keep model skin looking good - so in those posh ads for chanel moisturiser it's probably what they're REALLY wearing ;)

I agree with Sheffette - my skin tends to flare up when i am stressed out so i have to be careful about what i put on it.

At the moment i am using Eucerin which has helped to make my skin a lot more supple...its expensive though, £11 for a pot.

Sheffette, I have some aqueous cream but only use it as a wash as when I've used it as a moisturiser its felt sticky and not made my skin as soft as

E45. I have thought about trying Eucerin. I suffer from eczema so have to be very careful what I use too. I also use the E45 wash cream.

Nivea Extra Ritch for dry skin (the white bottle) is brill, I can't use any other moisturiser at all and if I do my face feels like leather. It is good that it dosn't leave ur skin greasy either just soft and smooth.

Archived