Lack of awareness whilst driving

I couldn't believe this possible.

I was driving along a straight road in a stream of traffic when I heard and saw an ambulance, lights flashing siren going, about 20 cars back.

Everyone let it pass until it was just behind the car behind me.

I signalled left to let the car behind know I was pulling in when to my amazement he overtook me blocking the ambulance who gave him a blast, causing him to pull over at last.

Driver must have been blind and deaf:loopy:

Excellent video, should be compulsory viewing for everybody.

I completely disagree with stopping at a red light at junctions. It does seem to be a grey area. Many times i have edged forward at red traffic lights to let an emergency vehicle through safely. That is common sense and blocking it could take vital minutes off a life or death situation. :thumbsup:

I completely disagree with stopping at a red light at junctions. It does seem to be a grey area. Many times i have edged forward at red traffic lights to let an emergency vehicle through safely. That is common sense and blocking it could take vital minutes off a life or death situation. :thumbsup:

You have to obey the Highway Code at all times, even when letting emergency vehicles pass. It's illegal to go through a red light at all times, it's definitely not a grey area.

I completely disagree with stopping at a red light at junctions. It does seem to be a grey area. Many times i have edged forward at red lights to let an emergency vehicle through safely. That is common sense and blocking it could take vital minutes off a life or death situation. :thumbsup:

I'm of the same thought process as you on this one. If it was safe to do so I'd edge through as you never know how urgent the call they are rushing to attend to is. I would not want to be responsible for someone losing their life if it was safe for me to let them past. Some lights on smaller roads leading into main roads, Salt Box Lane onto Penistone road being a prime example, can stay red for a ridiculous amount of time.

It amazes me how many stupid drivers bump their cars up a kerb to allow an ambulance to pass on the inner ring road. They are probably causing damage to their tyres and wheels possibly risking a flat tyre and the extra space they are creating on the carriageway is enough to allow a marching band 8 abreast to march through, an ambulance is wide but not much wider than a transit van.

Also it is about time we prosecuted people from having Sat Nat Machines on their windscreens. You see so many drivers blindly following them and not paying any attention to the road. It is like they are hypnotised into being zombies. Why people need to have one on for their daily commute is completely baffling. If their memory so shot and attention span so short they should surrender their driving license back to the DVLA as an unfit person to drive.