The Final Nail in the Coffin

With respect, I know someone who works in North Sheffield dealing with benefit issues, and the majority of his clients are out of work immigrants and their families. There are an awful lot of them.

While there might be some immigrants who have high-responsibility jobs, (good for them,) many more are unemployed or working in the black economy. One of the points of Brexit, surely, is that we will be more able to decide who we allow in, and presumably they will be people who have a good chance of gaining suitable employment, or who will have sorted employment before they get here. Although why there aren't British people who can fill these roles continues to baffle me.

Show me the figures. The last statistics I saw were that the vast majority of EEA nationals in the UK are employed or married to someone who is.

I really don't care much for the - I know of this 'pocket' of benefit claimants, so they must be in the majority malarky. We all know that there are Roma in Pagehall, we should also all know they are not representative of the EEA immigrant.

My niece lives in North Wales where there is a large Polish community (lots of factories on the Wirral/agricultural jobs), she had a street-party, organised by the 7 Polish families in her road, and she found that the people that settled in her road all work or are married to someone who does. Many of them don't even realise they are eligible for benefits, they just come to work and earn a living.

Anecdotal evidence is great isn't it?

PS - although many people think 'being able to choose who we allow in' post brexit, that is only the case if the UK cuts all agreements with the EU as is. That is extremely unlikely to happen, the only Leave campaigners who use that as an argument are UKIP and a handful of far right organisations.

Show me the figures. The last statistics I saw were that the vast majority of EEA nationals in the UK are employed or married to someone who is.

I really don't care much for the - I know of this 'pocket' of benefit claimants, so they must be in the majority malarky. We all know that there are Roma in Pagehall, we should also all know they are not representative of the EEA immigrant.

My niece lives in North Wales where there is a large Polish community (lots of factories on the Wirral/agricultural jobs), she had a street-party, organised by the 7 Polish families in her road, and she found that the people that settled in her road all work or are married to someone who does. Many of them don't even realise they are eligible for benefits, they just come to work and earn a living.

Anecdotal evidence is great isn't it?

PS - although many people think 'being able to choose who we allow in' post brexit, that is only the case if the UK cuts all agreements with the EU as is. That is extremely unlikely to happen, the only Leave campaigners who use that as an argument are UKIP and a handful of far right organisations.

But do you trust the figures?

We all know how they can be manipulated to suit any case the government requires. In which case anecdotal evidence from the horses mouth and your own eyes is all you have.

PS. I heard we were hoping to adopt the Australian points system, but I can't remember where I heard it.

Edited by Anna B

We all know how they can be manipulated to suit any case the government requires. In which case anecdotal evidence from the horses mouth and your own eyes is all you have.

PS. I heard we were hoping to adopt the Australian points system, but I can't remember where I heard it.

but we've had two competing sets of anecdotal evidence

so what do we draw from those?

I don't need to trust the figures, I just need to see them, you stated that there are many more immigrants that claim benefits and don't work than there are immigrants that work. I have seen figures that show that close to 95% of EU immigrants is in work or the partner of someone who is. I'd like to know what sort of figures you are basing your assertion on.

Regarding the points-system, that is lovely, I repeat though, there is only going to be an end to free movement of people and goods if the UK does not get a full trade agreement with the UK. There is only a small number of scenarios for a post-Brexit agreement and almost all of them revolve around maintaining full trade agreements with the EU. That is called being an EEA member, EEA members have free movement of people and goods as part of the agreement. In the mean time the Brexit camp offers no insight whatsoever into what they want to do about migration, the reason is simple, migration isn't going to change dramatically post-Brexit. Just google Post Brexit Scenarios, it will give you a tonne of information.

I don't need to trust the figures, I just need to see them, you stated that there are many more immigrants that claim benefits and don't work than there are immigrants that work. I have seen figures that show that close to 95% of EU immigrants is in work or the partner of someone who is. I'd like to know what sort of figures you are basing your assertion on.

Regarding the points-system, that is lovely, I repeat though, there is only going to be an end to free movement of people and goods if the UK does not get a full trade agreement with the UK. There is only a small number of scenarios for a post-Brexit agreement and almost all of them revolve around maintaining full trade agreements with the EU. That is called being an EEA member, EEA members have free movement of people and goods as part of the agreement. In the mean time the Brexit camp offers no insight whatsoever into what they want to do about migration, the reason is simple, migration isn't going to change dramatically post-Brexit. Just google Post Brexit Scenarios, it will give you a tonne of information.

Not all of them but you keep ignoring that fact if it makes you happy.

_______________________________________________________________________-

With respect, I know someone who works in North Sheffield dealing with benefit issues, and the majority of his clients are out of work immigrants and their families. There are an awful lot of them.

While there might be some immigrants who have high-responsibility jobs, (good for them,) many more are unemployed or working in the black economy. One of the points of Brexit, surely, is that we will be more able to decide who we allow in, and presumably they will be people who have a good chance of gaining suitable employment, or who will have sorted employment before they get here. Although why there aren't British people who can fill these roles continues to baffle me.

I dont usually go into brexit debates, but, just one question.

As a self employed migrant who pay tax and working from dawn till dusk, i dont see how can I become a threat to UK economic system,, NHS and employment of UK citizens.

I even consider to employ UK people in future.

Benefits and stuff never cross my mind.

This generalization is not good for anyone. Believe me, majority of EU immigrants just

want to work, those "Keeping with the Khans" cases are not representative sample.

Edited by Guest

I dont usually go into brexit debates, but, just one question.

As a self employed migrant who pay tax and working from dawn till dusk, i dont see how can I become a threat to UK economic system,, NHS and employment of UK citizens.

I even consider to employ UK people in future.

Benefits and stuff never cross my mind.

This generalization is not good for anyone. Believe me, majority of EU immigrants just

want to work, those "Keeping with the Khans" cases are not representative sample.

Correct Croat, the notion that EU migrants come here for (frankly, very meagre compared to other EU countries) benefits is absurd. But it continues to be an element in this debate which is even more absurd.

I just can not get my breath ! you have now become the forum expert on Turkey's invasion of Cyprus ,a subject that just a few posts ago you new nothing about and posted:loopy::loopy::loopy: at those who actually pointed this event out .:help:

---------- Post added 24-04-2016 at 10:27 ----------

This idiotmongering (double dutch) post tells us just why we should get out of this so called Union now .

Mind you I think that you are on a wind up going on about Cypus and bisas and schengen as well asthroygh, I have tried to decipher this language and the nearest I can get is the aforementioned double dutch A language that the Oxford dictionary describes as "one that no one understands".:love:

You should have worked harder at school.

I didn't need to Google it, I was well aware of what you referred to. I have been to Cyprus, Greece and Turkey several times. I don't appreciate you presuming my ignorance, especially in a post where you behave like a sanctimonious cow trying to get the upper hand. The EU has demands for accession to be allowed, demands of openness of press, quality of democracy and so on. Turkey does not meet those demands under Erdogan so accession isn't going to happen any time soon. The discussion is ongoing and will remain ongoing, Cyprus is part of that discussion, Cyprus in fact has the right to block Turkey's accession altogether as does Greece.

Moooooo!

Firstly, it wasn't me who referred to anything. But I would ask why you would ask "what state is that?" If you knew the answer? The evidence suggests you did not know. I was not presuming your ignorance, I was basing my decision on hard evidence. People don't tend to ask "what state is that"? If they know the answer.

You are normally quite a nice poster, but you have sworn on a family forum, mocked the mentally ill and are now calling me a sanctimonious cow, what has happened to you? Mocking the mentally ill is disgusting and I am amazed that you have got away with it.