BHS file for administration

You dont think a personal wealth of 4.9 billion and owner of a company that has 2500 stores across the country is not successful?

Absolutely, if you've amassed that wealth whilst treating others fairly. To be honest, I can't figure out for the life of me how he's amassed that sort of wealth when he's no idea what's going on right under his nose and doesn't ask what's going on, and leaves it all up to his employees, and never signs anything, and can't remember key business decisions he's made. It's amazing. You couldn't make it up.....oh, hang on.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 20:57 ----------

Lex Luthor - I think everyone's got their own perception of what success is. And for the record there are many different versions of success.

A recent article I'd read suggested he'd paid guests to come to his parties, if that's true, it doesn't seem a good marker of success.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 21:02 ----------

He may turn out not worthy of the title 'Sir', yet another one.

I think he's proven himself extremely worthy of the title 'Sir', when you look at all the 'Sirs' we've been reading about for the last 25 years + in the news.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Of course it's corrupt. Otherwise what is the purpose of the committee hearing.

To investigate lots of currently unproven allegations and to quite frankly pay lip service to the public and hysterical media that the Government is "doing something"

Absolutely, if you've amassed that wealth whilst treating others fairly. To be honest, I can't figure out for the life of me how he's amassed that sort of wealth when he's no idea what's going on right under his nose and doesn't ask what's going on, and leaves it all up to his employees, and never signs anything, and can't remember key business decisions he's made. It's amazing. You couldn't make it up.....oh, hang on.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 20:57 ----------

A recent article I'd read suggested he'd paid guests to come to his parties, if that's true, it doesn't seem a good marker of success.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 21:02 ----------

I think he's proven himself extremely worthy of the title 'Sir', when you look at all the 'Sirs' we've been reading about for the last 25 years + in the news.

I know a few wealthy people who are not happy, not in good relationships, their kids don't like them - is that successful. Not in my opinion. There are many versions of success as I've said.

Him paying people to come to a party, well it depends on what you mean, if he paid for an entertainer then I can't see anything in that. If he's paid because he's billy no mates then that's not really successful in terms of friendship and fulfilment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading this article http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-philip-greens-wife-flies-8278252 and at the bottom it says:

Our investigations have revealed that the couple and their business empire could have used legal loopholes to avoid up to £160million in tax on more than £600million in payments from BHS between 2000 and 2014. If that's the case then those loopholes should have been closed a long time ago.

• 3 months later...