Would you forgive your cheating partner?

I think it's a kind of "they hurt me so I'm going to hurt them back by dumping them" but then you're on your own, you might feel better for a while but ultimately you've cut your nose of to spite your face, when it could have been a salvageable relationship if you'd bothered to find out why it happened.

I guess I just see this differently and I wouldn't be so quick to throw a relationship away.

An alternative way to see it is...

If you split up with someone because they have an affair then you didn't really love them in the first place. If you really love someone then there is no obstacle that is insurmountable (except death).

I see it as "if they have the disrespect for you, to cheat on you, Pfft! that's time called".

I don't see infidelity as a "surmountable" obstacle.

If you are okay with an "open" relationship, or are prepared to sit at home, twiddling your thumbs whilst your OH goes bonking other people,, than great, that's "left with ya" as my sister would say. Otherwise, for me, it's the big "e"!

If you feel that you are only defined by being in a relationship with someone, even a bad relationship, then that's entirely your own choice.

I would rather have no relationship, than put up with a bad one. just for the sake of being able to say "I am in a relationship".

I absolutely would not put up with a partner of mine cheating. When I was cheated on, by an ex, when I was younger he was shown the door, double quick. Well, it was not so much "Shown the door" as "he got the door firmly shut in his face"!

If you feel that you are only defined by being in a relationship with someone, even a bad relationship, then that's entirely your own choice.

I would rather have no relationship, than put up with a bad one. just for the sake of being able to say "I am in a relationship".

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I wouldn't be so quick to throw away a realtionship after one incident (repeat offending is different).

I think women see this as a bigger thing than men do, it's probably something evolutionary.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I wouldn't be so quick to throw away a realtionship after one incident (repeat offending is different).

I think women see this as a bigger thing than men do, it's probably something evolutionary.

How can you be certain that the one off that you know about really is a one off? By the time you get to that point aren't you already at the stage of your trust having been destroyed?

Bigger? I don't know if there's many things that could be classified as worse than having an unfaithful, cheating partner. (except a partner that beats you).

If your partner cannot respect you, and the supposed commitment that the two of you have between you, then I honestly don't believe s/he is worth spitting on, let alone worth wasting one's time over.

As one of my friends said, when she found out her husband was a lying, deceitful, cheating ratbag:-

"Oh so it 'Just Happened', Did it?"

(*he nods*)

"So you honestly expect me to believe that she happened to open her door, naked, and you stumbled as you stepped over the doorstep, and landed on her?"

"I can't believe you can think me so stupid that I'd believe that cobblers! there's no such thing as 'It just happened'!"

Bigger? I don't know if there's many things that could be classified as worse than having an unfaithful, cheating partner. (except a partner that beats you).

If your partner cannot respect you, and the supposed commitment that the two of you have between you, then I honestly don't believe s/he is worth spitting on, let alone worth wasting one's time over.

As one of my friends said, when she found out her husband was a lying, deceitful, cheating ratbag:-

"Oh so it 'Just Happened', Did it?"

(*he nods*)

"So you honestly expect me to believe that she happened to open her door, naked, and you stumbled as you stepped over the doorstep, and landed on her?"

"I can't believe you can think me so stupid that I'd believe that cobblers! there's no such thing as 'It just happened'!"

The bloke might have Asperger's syndrome, and get away with it. Playing on his Xbox.

The bloke might have Asperger's syndrome, and get away with it. Playing on his Xbox.

I'd rather my bloke play in his X-box than play away from home.

And, no, he certainly hadn't got Aspergers Syndrome... Kerb-crawler's, definitely... but not Aspergers.

(He was nabbed a number of times by police catching him in the red-light area, propositioning ladies of the night. He tried using the "I was asking for directions" 'excuse' to the police, till one responded by saying:- "You said the same thing two weeks ago; the last time I gave you a caution you gave that excuse. You work in the factory, there... how do you need directions 100 yards from your place of work?")

I'd rather my bloke play in his X-box than play away from home.

And, no, he certainly hadn't got Aspergers Syndrome... Kerb-crawler's, definitely... but not Aspergers.

(He was nabbed a number of times by police catching him in the red-light area, propositioning ladies of the night. He tried using the "I was asking for directions" 'excuse' to the police, till one responded by saying:- "You said the same thing two weeks ago; the last time I gave you a caution you gave that excuse. You work in the factory, there... how do you need directions 100 yards from your place of work?")

Peeps with Aspergers can be very cunning, he might have said he lost his 'contacts' meeting the cops. And left his glasses at home. Beggers belief.

I caught my gf cheating on me with another girl, in my house! I can't describe the betrayal. Do you know they went at each other for a further 45 minutes until they saw me watching behind the door.

This is magnificent! 45 minutes and you were hiding behind the door the whole time?

Was there a slight colour shift each time that your angle of view changed?

That's an inherent problem when watching original NTSC footage converted to the PAL standard that was originally shot with a cheap DV camera due to its 4:2:0 sampling rate. HDV will alleviate the problem somewhat, but on the whole a true 4:2:2 camera system is the better option. Of course, there's no accounting for any resulting lazy transcoding to the DVD Video format which is highly compressed and will cause artifacts due mostly to its Long GOP MPEG 2 structure.

If you had a moustasche, you would have been able to sort this out yourself.