Iceland food warehouse

Tim1

Getting poor results from school isn't always down to messing about or nor working hard whilst at school, and poor results don't = boring, low paid job for at least 40 years.

This is very true.

I missed over a year of school due to a road accident, and in THOSE DAYS I was just thrown back into education at the same place as my peers.

Just Imagine Being a WHOLE YEAR of education behind at the age of 12, Then having to do the maths for 13 year olds.

That would probably not happen now, but it did then.

Some people don't have much choice. If you wasted your time in education, you can't be picky with what job you take.

Mess about for 5 years in school = boring, low paid job for at least 40 years.

Not necessarily, I messed about at school, not in bad way, just wasn't engaged, left at 16, got into a job I enjoyed, worked hard, progressed, earned over £50k a year for over 10 years (many of my colleagues were in the same position from a similar background) semi retired at 55, with my house paid for, my children educated and a holiday house abroad. University or further education are not the right thing for everyone, hard work and common sense can take you along way.

Edited by scargill

Not necessarily, I messed about at school, not in bad way, just wasn't engaged, left at 16, got into a job I enjoyed, worked hard, progressed, earned over £50k a year for over 10 years (many of my colleagues were in the same position from a similar background) semi retired at 55, with my house paid for, my children educated and a holiday house abroad. University or further education are not the right thing for everyone, hard work and common sense can take you along way.

I would agree. When I was at school everyone l knew including myself was expected to leave at fifteen and get a job, any job to help fill the family coffers so no point in studying. Later when I had chance I got a degree by studying at night school and then an apprenticeship.

• 4 months later...
Believing something doesn't make it so, our cognitive ability is determined by our DNA, this means some kids will do well in school and some won't, our education system also operates a one system fits all and that leaves some kids without an good standard of education, but that doesn't mean they will end up in jobs they hate or dead end jobs that pay very little.

There's no evidence for a strong link between genetics and ability to learn (or intelligence). It seems to be primarily down to nurture rather than nature.

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 11:05 ----------

I find this thread quite depressing.

Some guy posts a heads up about some jobs going in Sheffield

The consensus seems to be

1. they are crap jobs for crap people

2. Dole is better

That was just one trolling poster actually, nobody agreed with him.

I noticed The Food Warehouse in MRP the other day.

HAs anyone been?

Yes, I have been. Its just a bigger Iceland branch. Rather annoyingly with no hand baskets, I asked at the till why and they said its because "its a warehouse". Not everyone will be wanting to fill a trolley and the prices are no different to a normal Iceland so I thought this was a rubbish excuse.

Yes, I have been. Its just a bigger Iceland branch. Rather annoyingly with no hand baskets, I asked at the till why and they said its because "its a warehouse". Not everyone will be wanting to fill a trolley and the prices are no different to a normal Iceland so I thought this was a rubbish excuse.

No baskets? Weird

Do they have the mini trolleys or are they all the huge ones with the baby seat?