Bottled water thieves.

Security will be boosted at water stations for future London Marathons after video emerged of water bottles being "stolen" during the race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36132293

A spokesperson for Nestle Waters, who supply Buxton water used in the event, said the drinks are meant "for the benefit of runners".

London Marathon policy is for any spare water not drunk by competitors to be collected and used at other events.

Security will be boosted at water stations for future London Marathons after video emerged of water bottles being "stolen" during the race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36132293

A spokesperson for Nestle Waters, who supply Buxton water used in the event, said the drinks are meant "for the benefit of runners".

London Marathon policy is for any spare water not drunk by competitors to be collected and used at other events.

They probably saw the word "BENEFIT" and thought - that belongs to me - I'm entitled to it. Gimme Gimme gimme

I used to run a water station at the Leeds half marathon with my Scouts. We had to be on site for 6am to guard the water against thievery, and during the race I would be constantly moving on - sometimes literally pushing away idiots who wanted some "free" water for themselves.

Number one thieves were middle class yummy mummys who had an overwhelming sense of entitlement, closely followed by obnoxious offspring.

What is wrong with some people? Bottled water nicked by locals, which is meant to be for London marathon runners.http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/24/watch-shocking-moment-hordes-south-londoners-steal-cases-water-london-marathon-runners/

And where's the cops?

Was there a water shortage at the time because that just looks crazy, I could understand it in countries with a water shortage but here it's hard to believe.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:31 ----------

They didn't steal the water, it was given to the local people by the organiser when the majority of runners had past. Its just how they went about it that was shocking.

More info: When the run has finished the water suppliers, Buxton, gave the remaining bottles of water to the local residents as a thank you for having their roads closed (and they probably couldn't be bothered to lug them back). It appears that this is over zealous people taking the water before others could.

Amazing what some people will do for a freebie or a bargain, so not much different to what happens during some sales.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:34 ----------

I used to run a water station at the Leeds half marathon with my Scouts. We had to be on site for 6am to guard the water against thievery, and during the race I would be constantly moving on - sometimes literally pushing away idiots who wanted some "free" water for themselves.

Number one thieves were middle class yummy mummys who had an overwhelming sense of entitlement, closely followed by obnoxious offspring.

You should avoid giving out free water form the fountain of youth, people will always fight over it. :)

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 13:36 ----------

Bottling a few hundred bottles of pee and putting it in the same place would be a good pay back.

What is wrong with some people? Bottled water nicked by locals, which is meant to be for London marathon runners.http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/24/watch-shocking-moment-hordes-south-londoners-steal-cases-water-london-marathon-runners/

And where's the cops?

I saw this in one of the online newspapers

The comments had been disabled so nobody was allowed to give their thoughts, they weren't even allowed to say "how awful, thieving oafs"

I guess the papers didn't want anyone to post an offensive comment.

But marathon runners dehydrating was fine.

I saw this in one of the online newspapers

The comments had been disabled so nobody was allowed to give their thoughts, they weren't even allowed to say "how awful, thieving oafs"

I guess the papers didn't want anyone to post an offensive comment.

But marathon runners dehydrating was fine.

I suspect the paper you mention didn't want to spend all day deleting racist comments from its site. They have no influence on past events, so the fact about the runners being dehydrated is irrelevant in this context.

I saw the video on FB the other day, at first i thought i was watching some people in a thrid world country rioting in desperation of not wanting to die of thirst!

But no - it was London 2016!!!! Don't these scutterbags have taps at home???