Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

You ask an awful lot of questions but haven't yet said much of value. Let me ask you a question.

Do you believe that, on the day of the disaster, Liverpool fans behaved in a safe, responsible manner with due regard to the safety of those around them?

I won't bring Liverpool fans' behaviour at previous matches, which has been well documented and discussed ad nauseum over the years, into this. It's interesting and indicative, but not strictly relevant to events that day.

Nice dodge. Yes I do ask a lot of questions because well-targeted questions are a mechanism for getting to the truth of a matter. For example, the truth that you have no evidence to suggest that you are right and the jury was wrong.

I also do not avoid questions so I will answer yours. I don't know how all of the fans behaved on that day. It is entirely possible that some behaved appallingly as that is often the case in large groups of people. The problem, however, comes when some, yourself included, try to establish a causal network to the tragedy and use assumptions to do so.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:37 ----------

predictable inquest result, no blame at all on the drunk fans that started the whole thing!! the whole system afraid of hurting the ffeelings of the "victim lead city" the innocents that died are the real victims

What evidence do you have to prove the inquest jury was wrong?

To say that particular match, on that fateful day 'didn't' have any undesirable element to it, I find hard to believe.

That's not the question the jury was asked, this is:

"Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?”

Does that mean we don't have to hear about this any more ? I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about it. No smoke without fire and Liverpool fans had a reputation back then.

I'm glad you said that, I was about to post the same.

No matter what this jury has decided, I still firmly believe the mindless fans who turned up without tickets caused the problem, it's sad that people died but Liverpool people always want to blame someone else.

No matter what this jury has decided, I still firmly believe the mindless fans who turned up without tickets caused the problem, it's sad that people died but Liverpool people always want to blame someone else.

You think the crush was caused by the thirty ticketless fans who all pushed with all their strength and killed 96 people?

You're a football fan? And you want to bury the Hillsborough Disaster? Did you go to matches in the 80s? I did. If you did you'll know it's not just about Liverpool fans. Sure, they were the victims in this case but it could have been any of us and our family members and friends at almost any stadium up and down the country. We were all treated like animals rather than paying customers, and more importantly, rather than human beings.

I was born in 85' thanks. From what I've seen and heard (from my dad and others), conditions and treatment of fans were disgusting. Like you said, it could have been anyone, anywhere. Am I still fed up of hearing about the Hillsborough disaster ? Yes :)

Nice dodge. Yes I do ask a lot of questions because well-targeted questions are a mechanism for getting to the truth of a matter. For example, the truth that you have no evidence to suggest that you are right and the jury was wrong.

I also do not avoid questions so I will answer yours. I don't know how all of the fans behaved on that day. It is entirely possible that some behaved appallingly as that is often the case in large groups of people. The problem, however, comes when some, yourself included, try to establish a causal network to the tragedy and use assumptions to do so.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:37 ----------

What evidence do you have to prove the inquest jury was wrong?

any fool can see why they delivered the verdict they did! i dont need to prove my opinion! which is not only mine but many many others, some who saw what happend first hand on and around leppings lane.

I don't know how all of the fans behaved on that day. It is entirely possible that some behaved appallingly as that is often the case in large groups of people.

As you are clearly someone who feels very strongly that the fans were blameless, you should have a much greater insight into fan behaviour on the day. "I don't know" doesn't really cut it. When you have a clearer answer to my question I'd love to hear it and discuss it with you. :)

I was born in 85' thanks. From what I've seen and heard (from my dad and others), conditions and treatment of fans were disgusting. Like you said, it could have been anyone, anywhere. Am I still fed up of hearing about the Hillsborough disaster ? Yes :)

It's a pity it all couldn't have been cleared up years ago, isn't it? I'm sure the families agree. 27 years is a long time, more than a lifetime for some.

Whitewash.

Genuine question: Did anyone claiming this testify at the inquest? Anyone at all that has evidence fans were to blame? If not, why not? You have compelling evidence but this wasn't seen by the jury, or it was suppressed? Or ignored all together by the jury?

I haven't noticed any stories in the press about witnesses not being allowed to share their side of the story. I have seen constant appeals for witnesses to come forward, with pictures sometimes of who they want to speak to. So why not step up?

If the evidence of the local people was not even taken into consideration this claim of a whitewash might be valid. But why isn't there a huge truth movement in Sheffield to get this evidence heard?