Why is it so hard to get a tradesman?

I have rang three plumbers numbers in the past two weeks but no one has returned the call.

I accept they are busy people but just one call to say they are available in the near future or that they are too busy would help then I wouldn't have to sit at home waiting for a call back, I can move on to the next one on my list.

I have a good job for an experienced plumber/electrician but if they don'want to put me on their waiting list I may as well spend my money on a holiday, maybe in Poland. . . . I might find myself a plumber.

I have rang three plumbers numbers in the past two weeks but no one has returned the call.

I accept they are busy people but just one call to say they are available in the near future or that they are too busy would help then I wouldn't have to sit at home waiting for a call back, I can move on to the next one on my list.

I have a good job for an experienced plumber/electrician but if they don'want to put me on their waiting list I may as well spend my money on a holiday, maybe in Poland. . . . I might find myself a plumber.

Too much easy money about - they don't have to ring back as their phones never stop ringing. Theres a business opportunity there for someone.......

A few years ago I needed quite a few jobs doing not small ones but things like rewiring and pumbling and so forth. It was a nightmare felt as though I was ringing everyone up in the country and many promises of will come and see and call you back . Got the jobs done in the end never again!

Why do trades men off here take your number to call you about a job then never call?

You misunderstand, no tradesmen off here has took my number I've got their numbers from yellow pages and other places where they advertise but they never return the call.

I once heard a builder say that plumbers were a load of <Removed> and I'm now beginning to believe it.

Edited by nikki-red

Roofers are the same. I've had one even come out to price up a job and despite leaving messages never had the quote...some day these half hearted tradesmen will be struggling to find work and wonder why their reputation is poor

Very frustrating. Have you tried the jobs available section on here?

Roofers are the same. I've had one even come out to price up a job and despite leaving messages never had the quote...some day these half hearted tradesmen will be struggling to find work and wonder why their reputation is poor

Plumbers and roofers will never struggle to find work.! Think of the tradesmen who have returned a call, left a message, only for the customer not to ring them back, because they have found someone else !

I've found text messages most useful when contacting tradesmen.

Include all necessary information and you have probably 95% chance of success.

Something like 'need a quote to do X, address Y, available on Z'.

Very good.! Also some customers arrange a time for the plumber to call and then are not at home when he calls.. There are two sides to every story !