Police picking up someone from their home

I don't think they have a choice. If the Police say they'll come and pick you up, I'm not sure anyone would be able to refuse.

I would have thought you might be applauding the police's attention to the bail situation of the individual.

Maybe if he is answering bail he is also being interviewed - and they would rather like to make sure the person attends for that interview.

I would have thought you might be applauding the police's attention to the bail situation of the individual.

Maybe if he is answering bail he is also being interviewed - and they would rather like to make sure the person attends for that interview.

I thought it was a condition of bail that a suspect returned to a Police station at a given time. When the suspect returns to the Police station, then any interview will take place there. It is not the job of the Police to mollycoddle suspects.

Gammy - when you know what your talking about come back

If you want to conduct an interview with a suspect who is already bailed then you will need to make sure that a solicitor is in attendance - you don't just lift the punter when he attends answering his bail and then try and get a solicitor - its not very efficient is it - hence the arranged attendance of most at an appointed time - so the police and the accused and his legal rep all turn up at the same time - thats common sense

If you want to conduct an interview with a suspect who is already bailed then you will need to make sure that a solicitor is in attendance - you don't just lift the punter when he attends answering his bail and then try and get a solicitor - its not very efficient is it - hence the arranged attendance of most at an appointed time - so the police and the accused and his legal rep all turn up at the same time - thats common sense

Well done for informing us all that suspects are entitled to legal representation, but the OP more than likely already knew that. It's not normal practice for the Police to pick and drop off a suspect at their house when on bail, which the OP is asking if there is a reason why. I assume you also don't know a reason.

I notice you still haven't worked out how to use the quote tool yet.

I defer (not) to your in-depth (read zero) knowledge of how the bail system works.

It was obviously very important to you to respond and you were unable to resist the little bile at the end - tells me all I need to know about you.

Entitlement to representation is one thing an accused availing themselves of it another - it is a possible explanation however -