Ideas for work night out?

Hi everyone,

I've volunteered to organise social events for our group at work, and I'd be grateful for any ideas you may have. Some of the group are muslims and others are teetotal, so it can't be anything mostly dependent on alcohol (i.e. going to the pub). So far I've thought of:

Lazer Zone next to the Boardwalk

Ice Sheffield

Ten-pin bowling

Film at the cinema

There'll be up to 30 people there each time, and I'd like to do something a little bit different. It'd be good to have some "break the ice" activities which will bring out the true personalities of people, so we get to see a different side from at work.

Any ideas?

:)

Rehersal nights at the theatre?

buffet night at a restaurant? (or maybe not if your group is as diverse as it seems)

Or... there's an ad that runs at the top of the page sometimes, for abseiling etc :D

Greyhound racing? you can just watch in the restaurant if your religion doesn't permit gambling

speedway?

Paintballing! You could even run off some steam by pelting your colleagues you dislike, very hard, and then running away.

:partyhat::twisted:

Ah, that wouldn't be in the night though would it. D'oh! Oh well, I'm sure you could get some people to go on a weekend

dosent need everyone to be drinking althought the venue has a bar and a mixture of food is avaible. the venue is city centre and operates Friday adn saturday nights its the last laugh comedy club at the roundhouse. mixture of top circuit comedy acts, entertain then chesey disco through til 1 am its £15.00 in which sounds a bit expensive, but its a lot of entertmaint for your money, discounts on paries of 10 or more check out the new website, http://www.sheffieldcomedy.com or call the booking line on 0114 22 33 505

how about GO APE! a high wire assault course in Nottingham forest-tarzan swings, rope bridges etc £20 each I think

Go-karting's good fun too-we went to one in Batley as Sheffield only does larger groups

Food-wise Bahn Thai at the bottom of the Moor/Abbeydale rd is rather lovely and a great setting

If you wanted something longer, CentreParcs Notts do a £60 spa day- 3hrs of spa pampering, lunch then day pass to rest of site. There's the nearer option of Spa 1877 in Sheffield of course, £15 for 3hrs I think

There is a great go-karting place on the outskirts of Sheffield and Chesterfield. Indoor so weather doesn't affect it. My mates have been to one near Kelham Island and they all recommend that as well.

When we went my colleague wrote his car off on the way back though, careful thinking you aren't still in the kart!

Archived