Dimitris Greek Tavern, Abbeydale rd.

beefface

Anyone been? Any good?

Yes, very good. The wife and I called in for a late breakfast the other week, and really enjoyed the food: we had tomato koftas and shared a couple of salad bowls and they were all excellent. Friendly service too.

I've been a couple of times and would recommend. Both times we've made a mezze out of the starters menu as everyone I was eating with was veggie; the starters are all vegetarian but the main courses were very predominantly meat-heavy. The food is great, a little oil and cheese heavy if I was looking to criticise, but next time I go I'll be on the battered courgettes, baked chilli feta and veg fritters like a dog on hot chips. I can live with oil and cheese! There's freshly baked pitta for every table too, although, no olives, which I'd sort of expected they would provide.

It's not the flashest place inside, and when I last went they were cash only, but they seem to be nice people and the food (or at least the veggie food I've had) is great. Hope it succeeds