Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

23 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Platform 7

Enjoyed watching this over two nights, I thought the last episode was brilliant. 

All four episodes of Platform 7 are on itvx.

I watched the first one but did not find it enjoyable- may be the acting and wasn't sure if there is a 'story'.

Might look at it later if reviews pick up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joan

A tv mini series, all six episodes are on itvx if you want to binge watch it.  I enjoyed it and didn’t realise it was based on a true story about a jewel thief until after I had finished watching it.

'Nobody Wants This'

Just had an evening of watching this delightful series.

I only put it on because I like Kristen Bell’s work.

Love story where a rabbi and a pretty blonde non-Jew fall for each other.  Best thing about it; no canned laughter. Feels like you’re watching one of Woody Allen’s more mildly amusing films.

Naturally, his domineering mother hates the new girlfriend and is spiteful throughout, while her friends are semi-supportive but know how flighty she can be (she was a goth for a while, a lesbian for a while etc etc...).

Short episodes, 25 minutes-ish. It’s on NETFLIX.

It’s sweet and fun.

image.png.7f9c099f9812b228b33fec5b9c410501.png

On 08/10/2024 at 20:11, hauxwell said:

Joan

A tv mini series, all six episodes are on itvx if you want to binge watch it.  I enjoyed it and didn’t realise it was based on a true story about a jewel thief until after I had finished watching it.

Watched this and enjoyed it until the last ten minutes.  Well acted though .