Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

27 minutes ago, apelike said:

The Last Kingdom Season 4.

Excellent from start to finish and can't wait for another season.

I agree with you about The Last Kingdom.  I loved  how Alexander Dreymon plays Uhtred. His accent also fits the part he is playing.

I know he is a German actor, but I thought he might make a good James Bond now D Craig is stepping down. 

Roll on the next season.

Edited by hauxwell

Impulse  (series 2)

Teleporting nonsense back for a second series and with out spoiling it left wide open for a third.

(although the 3rd series has been cancelled - for now).

I much preferred the film 'Jumpers' my self while HTSBO prefers Impulse, each to their own EH!

Keep safe.

'The most dangerous game' (TV series 2020)

Ok its a modern version of the 1924 book and the film first shown in 1932 but this 8 minute 15 episode (Yes 8 minute each episode) is watchable if not compulsive. You will have seen various versions on the same premise over the years but this apart from the punch line being so obvious from the very beginning was quite good in a quirky way. 

Give it a go.

Past three days I've been immersed in the 4th series of 'Lucifer'. Love the 'Eve' character (as in Adam and...). Proper party-girl. And the music remains consistently good.

Through the years I've loved Buffy, Angel, iZombie, Supernatural and the like and Lucifer fits nicely into that spectrum. It's also quite funny. Seeds left three or four episodes back pay off with an eventual belly-laugh quite nicely.  

I read that the 6th series will be the last. Shame, but it will have probably runs its course by then. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Still great. There were rumours of a remake which I hope never ever happens.

Yeah....I read about that too. I have mixed feelings. If Joss Whedon or Marti Moxon or any of the original writers and production staff were involved, I'd deffo give it a watch(er). 

If there was no connection to the past then probably not.

On 29/05/2020 at 15:50, Mr Fisk said:

Banshee

There are some flaws and I also think too much flesh- a lot of unnecessary sex scenes, that to be honest, don't need to be so focused on!

Anyway the story revolves around an ex con who takes on the ID of a murdered man- who was  'soon to be the next Banshee sheriff'

On 31/05/2020 at 17:28, tinfoilhat said:

It is the best show I've ever watched - 

Banshee. TV series (serious) bender 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Excellent story line for something that would not only have Mary Whitehouse's Cat Eye glass's steaming up but her spinning in her grave as well, Bless her.

EX con takes the place of the new Local Sheriff (whose been killed) and the rest is Sex, Guns, Sex, Neo Nazis,more Sex, computer hacking, Sex, a serial killer, Sex, Drugs, explosions, Death - O' & yes the occasional Sex scene as well.

I forgot to mention the FBI (Flipping Big Indian) (Native American). 

Just as in one of Tom Sharp's novels - no one is safe.

Enjoyable Rubbish, full of holes (probably all the machine guns) with great characters and acting throughout.  

Absolutely loved the twist to the Job (Hoon Lee) story line, you have to wait till the final episode in series 4 for it but well worth the wait.

Enjoy.

I'm going Hoon Lee (Job)

and Mathew Rauch (Clay Burton) for my favourite actors. 

Keep safe.

5 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Banshee. TV series (serious) bender 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Excellent story line for something that would not only have Mary Whitehouse's Cat Eye glass's steaming up but her spinning in her grave as well, Bless her.

EX con takes the place of the new Local Sheriff (whose been killed) and the rest is Sex, Guns, Sex, Neo Nazis,more Sex, computer hacking, Sex, a serial killer, Sex, Drugs, explosions, Death - O' & yes the occasional Sex scene as well.

I forgot to mention the FBI (Flipping Big Indian) (Native American). 

Just as in one of Tom Sharp's novels - no one is safe.

Enjoyable Rubbish, full of holes (probably all the machine guns) with great characters and acting throughout.  

Absolutely loved the twist to the Job (Hoon Lee) story line, you have to wait till the final episode in series 4 for it but well worth the wait.

Enjoy.

I'm going Hoon Lee (Job)

and Mathew Rauch (Clay Burton) for my favourite actors. 

Keep safe.

Geno Segers to read me bedtime stories please.  Preferably not when he's pretending to be quite as homicidal and hard to stop as he was when he was being your FBI :)