Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I also thought the same about the last series when it first started.  I didn’t like the two new characters in it at first,  but when I found out about their past and how they died I thought it was good.  

Yes, that's the gist of the point I was making. They introduced two interesting new characters, then all of a sudden it's The End Of The World and finished. Seemed too rushed. If they were going to cancel, why bring in fresh faces to begin with? The cast was already solid. The final scene was great though.

17 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Yes, that's the gist of the point I was making. They introduced two interesting new characters, then all of a sudden it's The End Of The World and finished. Seemed too rushed. If they were going to cancel, why bring in fresh faces to begin with? The cast was already solid. The final scene was great though.

Definitely agree with you about the final scene.  It does make you wonder if they were going to make a season 4 tho.

So.... farewell Lucifer Morningstar. Like all wonderful things - parents, sun-soaked holidays, proper-sized Mars Bars from the 60s - it's reached the end. Must admit, I tear'd up in some of the final scenes.

I will miss it.

Sympathy for the Devil? Most certainly.

LU3lKVl.jpg

14 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I'm just glad the Americans didn't pick up the franchise - they'd have ruined it.

That’s funny but I agree.  

I’m still watching The Walking Dead and that’s out of loyalty.  It was very good when it first started but it should have finished years ago.  This is the last series so I’m curious to see how it ends.  

The Chestnut Man.

6 parts showing on Netflix.

Usually when I see missing Daughter, two detectives thrown together to solve a serial killers murders, I'm of T' Garage.

Glad I didn't.

Being expertly mislead from one possible suspect to another and not be told who the killer is from the start was refreshing, 

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

The Chestnut Man.

Usually when I see missing Daughter, two detectives thrown together to solve a serial killers murders, I'm of T' Garage.

Glad I didn't.

Being expertly mislead from one possible suspect to another and not be told who the killer is from the start was refreshing, 

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

Yes I did the same ,then saw this post and carried on , you are right 

Edited by cuttsie

Ridley Road.

4 parts all available on iPlayer.

Interesting, well filmed and acted throughout.

Based on Jo Bloom's novel of the same name.

Names have been altered to this 'based on true events' 4 part series.

There is one, major make believe running through the story, and  to reveal that would spoil

others viewing, so I shan't.

I liked the intercutting of footage of film from the 60's into the filming done for this  series.

Spotting Cars used in other recent programs delighted me.

A (powder blue) Mk 111 Zephyr estate often seen in 'Call the Midwife', a Bedford CA box van and

a LD post office van seen in 'Endeavour',

a Black Bedford CA van (possibly the one in 'the Krays' film) and 2 Mk 111 Zephyr Police cars that turn up in anything 1960's & finally,

the Red Messerschmidt bubble car spotted in Coronation St the other week.

Well worth watching.

Keep safe.

On 04/10/2021 at 19:13, Rockers rule said:

The Chestnut Man.

Glad I didn't.

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

I was going to post on this  but you beat me to it Rockers.

Agree  fantastic 6 part series, I was hooked and never guessed who killer was.