Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

Godless

The series is a western drama set in America in 1884.  An outlaw who is on the run ends up in a small town where there is very few men, it’s mainly populated and run by women. 

I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue to watch it after the first episode but I’m pleased I did.  After watching the second episode I found myself wanting to binge watch the rest of the series. There’s 7 episodes in the series.

I thought it was very good and it left me wanting to watch more of Godless.

On 22/11/2021 at 17:32, hauxwell said:

Godless

The series is a western drama set in America in 1884.  An outlaw who is on the run ends up in a small town where there is very few men, it’s mainly populated and run by women. 

I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue to watch it after the first episode but I’m pleased I did.  After watching the second episode I found myself wanting to binge watch the rest of the series. There’s 7 episodes in the series.

I thought it was very good and it left me wanting to watch more of Godless.

Agree, fantastic series that also left me wanting to see more.

They could easily make a 2nd season as there is potential to build on from the ending.

I also recommend The Harder They Fall, starring Idris Elba, on Netflix.

6 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Agree, fantastic series that also left me wanting to see more.

They could easily make a 2nd season as there is potential to build on from the ending.

I also recommend The Harder They Fall, starring Idris Elba, on Netflix.

It would be nice if they made a second season, as you say they could build on from the ending.   I was sorry when it ended.

I will make a note of The Harder They Fall especially now I know Idris Elba is in it, so thank you for the recommendation Mr Frisk.

True Story  (Netflix)

Really surprised how well this was acted out by Kevin Hart. 

He plays exactly what he is in real life , a comedian and actor, but whose life goes way out of control.

Most of that reason is due to his bro, played by Wesley Snipes- who is also very good in this series.

38 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Deutschland '83 - Really enjoyed this German made Cold War thriller, great soundtrack too.

I’ll join in on something that I totally agree with.

Landed on this by chance and thought it was terrific.

23 hours ago, RJRB said:

I’ll join in on something that I totally agree with.

Landed on this by chance and thought it was terrific.

Even reading the premise I couldn't get my head round what it was going to be but once I started watching it it was fantastic.

On 01/12/2021 at 22:15, top4718 said:

Deutschland '83 - Really enjoyed this German made Cold War thriller, great soundtrack too.

There are two more series, 86 and 89. Both worth your time to watch, not quite as good as 83, which I thought was excellent.

Try The Team, also on All 4, euro cop series.