Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

On 03/06/2022 at 15:11, Rockers rule said:

Pistols  6 part Disney+

Well put together look at the early days of the Sex Pistols right through to just after the death of Sid Vicious.

The acting's good, the music's good, the feelgood factor is good & the naughty bits are naughty :blush: .

Well put together, watchable tong-in-cheek look to the days when Punk Rock shook the rather staid music industry.

God Save The Queen 8) .

Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen - YouTube

I'm looking forward to watching this, I don't think the actors playing the Pistols resemble them too well but apparently that doesn't deter from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Slow with a morose main character, 'I'm not the man I was 10 years ago'.
Better than The Book of Boba Fett, not as good as the Mandalorian. 7/10

The Orville season 3
The Star Trek alternative seems to have more ideas and be better written than say the wincingly bad second season of Picard. 7/10

• 2 weeks later...

Tokyo Vice season 1

Loosely based on the real life of Jake Adelstein, the American journalist and author who has spent most of his career in Japan. The series follows him from his first days of idealisms after getting a job working for a major Japanese newspaper and the disillusionment as he comes into contact with the violence of the Yakuza gangs and the corruption of the police and journalists who turn a blind eye to it in order to keep the peace.

• 1 month later...

Wanted 

There’s 3 seasons and I’ve binge watched the first series.  So far I’ve enjoyed watching it.

Wanted reminds me of the film Thelma and Louise with a more modern day outlook.  Two innocent women are on the run from corrupt policemen.

All 3 seasons are on Netflix.

Have been watching the adaptations of Robert Galbraith's Strike books.  They're excellent, despite a tiny wee bit of slightly dodgy casting, and the middle two - The Silkworm and Career Of Evil - desperately needed another episode, at least, to fully do justice to the plot.  It's a good thing that I'd read the (also excellent) novel or I would have lost my place during the latter.  Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger are fantastic as Strike and Robin. 

Looking forward to the next one (and the new book, The Ink Black Heart, out in a few weeks' time).

Edited by Guest

Guest ThaBoom

Christian

This recently began on Sky Atlantic and I wasn't sure what to expect - but sounded interesting and I do like Italian dramas.

The main character is a henchman (named Christian) for a local criminal named Lino, who is also  like a father figure to him.

When Christian starts to struggle using his hands every time he is about to hit or hurt someone- it turns out his purpose might not actually be hurt ppl but cure them.

Six episodes and definitely worth watching.

• 4 weeks later...

Ozark 

Ozark is about a financial adviser who has to move his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks. 

The family has to launder 500 million dollars for a sadistic drug dealer if they want to stay alive.  I’ve become addicted to this show. There are 4 seasons and I’m over half way through season 3 which so far is the best season.  

Can’t wait to see how it ends so I’ll just have to carry on binge watching.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Ozark 

Ozark is about a financial adviser who has to move his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks. 

The family has to launder 500 million dollars for a sadistic drug dealer if they want to stay alive.  I’ve become addicted to this show. There are 4 seasons and I’m over half way through season 3 which so far is the best season.  

Can’t wait to see how it ends so I’ll just have to carry on binge watching.

Its a great series that doesn't end in a particularly satisfactory way worth sticking with though.

Just finished season 3 of The Boys, very good and very adult.